Coyote / 5.0 VCT Variable cam Timing

Michael55123

Established Member
Sorry for the description just like to make searching easy for everyone in the future. I've worked with variable timing on gm's using hptuners, but never used SCT. I'm checking out the variable cam tables, and obviously there's a ton. Are most just tweaking the "optimal power exhaust valve closing" and "optimal power intake valve opening point" tables? There's a ton of normalizer tables, but I assume this is for smooth valve timing changes. Is anyone familiar with the "mapped points" tables? for Emissions, fuel, and Stability? I also see Mapp Points for fuel economy, stability, emissions, etc... Anyone played with this stuff either way? I'd imagine if you could decrease some overlap in the intake/exhaust you could raise dynamic compression, and increase power? Thoughts?

Yagermeister

Established Member
Personally I have only changed the optimal opening and closing items and left the others alone for now.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Michael55123

Established Member
That's exactly what I've done. lower the Load/RPm/Throttle inputs and took SCT's strategy and implemented it. they claimed to have picked up like 8-10rwhp on the dyno with their cam tuning... Figured it couldn't hurt.

Michael55123

Established Member
Any idea where the tables they edit for the "ghost cam" stuff lays? there's quite a few vct tables not in the vct section... maybe I'll play with that this weekend.

KBLEO

Established Member
That's exactly what I've done. lower the Load/RPm/Throttle inputs and took SCT's strategy and implemented it. they claimed to have picked up like 8-10rwhp on the dyno with their cam tuning... Figured it couldn't hurt.

Thanks for posting this up. I had been wondering how much tuners are picking up over just getting air/fuel and ignition timing right.

I was also wondering if anyone had dyno graphs they would like to post up of gains they made with cam timing vs ignition timing.

Gremlin85

Established Member
Has anyone sat on the dyno and tested various cam timing for the boss manifold on the 2011+ GT's to see what was optimal on both HP and TQ???

Users who are viewing this thread