Covertible help needed

unforgiven

Humble
Established Member
Picked up a beautiful bone stock 2001 laser red convertible.

The passenger side quarter window goes up too far an mangles the rubber protector in the door jamb. Using the drivers side as a comparison, the passenger side quarter window is almost 3/4 inch high when window is fully up.

How can a adjust the window back down?

Thank you, Joe

3B99SVT

Top down makes me smile
Established Member
I know on the door windows there are travel limit adjusters. I'll guess the rear windows also have them. Sounds like yours came loose. You'll need to get the plastic off it to get access. I've never had the plastic off my '99 but I did on my '91. Time consuming but not that difficult.

Swannyvill

BLOWN '01
Established Member
Not sure how the rear window is attached without looking it up, but in most cases I've ran into either a bolt has worked loose that holds the window regulator track or you might be able to loosen the clamp on the window and adjust it. Also make sure the seal is in the correct position. That's a common tear point on those either from age or incorrect alignment of top and seal.

SLOWBRA

Established Member
I know on the door windows there are travel limit adjusters. I'll guess the rear windows also have them. Sounds like yours came loose. You'll need to get the plastic off it to get access. I've never had the plastic off my '99 but I did on my '91. Time consuming but not that difficult.

This is correct. You can make a lot of adjustments once you can get access to the window frame. Take the plastic panel off for access.

unforgiven

Humble
Established Member
Got it, thanks guys. After the plastic panel is off there are some nuts that can be loosened and an adjustment that limits the travel of the window itself.

Time consuming but done.

Users who are viewing this thread