Cover all tire dressing

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
I prefer not to use solvent based tire dressings. They can possibly 'brown' your tires quickly, as well as break down the rubber prematurely. Just my $.02!!

I'm not super versed in a polish/AIO that is available over the counter, but I'll say that Meg's cleaner wax could be a good place to start.

Hope this helps!

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I prefer not to use solvent based tire dressings. They can possibly 'brown' your tires quickly, as well as break down the rubber prematurely. Just my $.02!!

I'm not super versed in a polish/AIO that is available over the counter, but I'll say that Meg's cleaner wax could be a good place to start.

Hope this helps!

For tire dressing, what are your thoughts on Blackfire VRP? Just picked some up via friends recommendation because I wanted something that would last longer than your typical foam spray.

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
For tire dressing, what are your thoughts on Blackfire VRP? Just picked some up via friends recommendation because I wanted something that would last longer than your typical foam spray.

Do you mean Chemical Guys VRP? I do not have experience with that particular tire dressing, however from reading their description it seems like a solid choice. Unfortunately there are no 'long lasting' tire dressing out there, unless you coat your rubber, then it will last for a few months.

Keep us posted on how you like it, the durability, and of course some pics of it after you dress the tires!

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Do you mean Chemical Guys VRP? I do not have experience with that particular tire dressing, however from reading their description it seems like a solid choice. Unfortunately there are no 'long lasting' tire dressing out there, unless you coat your rubber, then it will last for a few months.

Keep us posted on how you like it, the durability, and of course some pics of it after you dress the tires!

Doh! I also picked up Blackfire Crystal Seal, so got my brand mixed up. Yes, Chemical Guys VRP and I will start a thread to show how it works.

motoman620

Established Member
I have not used the Oreilly's product but I have used the Chemical Guys VRP with good results, it seems to last a long time also.

Stang Lover

Established Member
I use Chadwicks Triple Play tire dressing and their spray for cleaning my car.

!

Didn't think I would hear this again! A ford rep told my brother the same thing.

hoamskilet

Established Member
I'm not the biggest fan of Chemical Guys, but VRP is one of their products I use regularly and like quite a bit. Goes on easy, doesn't sling, and looks great

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member
I like Adams VRT. It's non-silicone based, doesn't sling, and applies evenly. It's not too shiny either, IMO the right amount of shine.

Users who are viewing this thread