Court question

94five0

*Click*
Established Member
different agencies have different standards of protocol. You have every right to ask, but don't be surprised if they tell you no.

jshen

Established Member
Short answer- Probably
The burden of proving a case rests with the state. Most states have pretty much the same "foundation" requirements. In order to introduce-legally- the speed from radar we have to show a number of "certified" documents here. One of which is record showing that radar unit has been inspected within the past year and is accurate. I would have to check your state and see if that is a requirement. That is the benefit of getting a lawyer who specializes in traffic cases...he/she will know. I have seen some lawyers who don't have a clue about traffic and don't ask the right questions...

Nineonesix

Established Member
Short answer- Probably
The burden of proving a case rests with the state. Most states have pretty much the same "foundation" requirements. In order to introduce-legally- the speed from radar we have to show a number of "certified" documents here. One of which is record showing that radar unit has been inspected within the past year and is accurate. I would have to check your state and see if that is a requirement. That is the benefit of getting a lawyer who specializes in traffic cases...he/she will know. I have seen some lawyers who don't have a clue about traffic and don't ask the right questions...

Well the ticket doesnt really warrant a lawyer. I just planned on asking two things. One beings the records on the gun, and two which traffic school the court recommends.

Users who are viewing this thread