Couple turbo questions

SLPCobra

Established Member
Hey everybody just trying to figure out a few things so I have everything figured out for my build I got a couple questions on turbos.
I know I wanna get the precision 7675 cea but I'm trying to figure out what a/r I need?

Gonna be going with a 4.75 stroker 9:1 compression stock 99 cobra heads intake ,98 cams also possibly not sure yet, do I need a .81 or the .96 a/r?

Also where does everyone suggest I buy it at for a good price?

That's all I can think of for now appreciate any help thanks,

Zach

static74

in the 9's
Established Member
I have stock displacement and heads, and I will see boost on my 7675 as early as 2000RPM with a .96A/R.

Go with .96A/R.

SLPCobra

Established Member
I have stock displacement and heads, and I will see boost on my 7675 as early as 2000RPM with a .96A/R.

Go with .96A/R.

Dang really?
That's crazy how fast that spools
I'll be using a t56 though on my build I see you have a 4r70w in yours so wouldn't I probably see it around 3000 or so?
Not that that's a slow spool or anything just trying to figure everything out lol

Also I'm considering going twin 6262's or 6266's now cause I found a site with those 2 turbos for a decent price and would only cost a couple 100 more with 2 of those than what I'm seeing the 7675 go for.

From what I've seen I'd be able to make more with less boost with the twin 6262's or 6266's but I don't wanna have a terrible spool time either cause I don't really want it to be a dyno queen haha.

SLPCobra

Established Member
Go with a single 76 with a .96a/r. Dont bother with twins unless you want to make over 1,000hp.

Alright appreciate it :beer:
I need to think of what my real goal is. It would be cool I guess to have the 4 digit numbers but idk if its really necessary especially since its gonna be a street driven car predominantly with a t56 behind it lol.
Be more of a roll racing machine too.
How much do you think I'd be able to hit on high boost with the 7675?
You think 900hp is doable?

MTBSully

Established Member
Alright appreciate it :beer:
I need to think of what my real goal is. It would be cool I guess to have the 4 digit numbers but idk if its really necessary especially since its gonna be a street driven car predominantly with a t56 behind it lol.
Be more of a roll racing machine too.
How much do you think I'd be able to hit on high boost with the 7675?
You think 900hp is doable?

Theres a guy on here with a 7675 and E85 that just made 925 or something crazy like that not even pushing too hard.

From what I have heard they are great turbos, and if E85 is readily available in your area, I would say go for it.

SLPCobra

Established Member
Theres a guy on here with a 7675 and E85 that just made 925 or something crazy like that not even pushing too hard.

From what I have heard they are great turbos, and if E85 is readily available in your area, I would say go for it.

Dang really?
I hadn't seen that that's crazy haha.
I don't have access to much e85 it's like 40min to the closest station I think.
I was thinking about buying a bunch of gas containers and filling them up with e85 for when I wanna turn up the boost though. :burnout:

I think I'll just stay single turbo for now and if I ever wanna go further than what I hit with the single I might go twins then
Appreciate all the help guys :beer:

Once I start getting all my parts in I'll get a build thread going more than likely
Slowly but surely getting my parts! :rockon:

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
Can you throw up a link to the twin 6262's you found for a good price?

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
Be realistic with your power goals. If you don't plan on making more than 800rwhp then go with the .81. I personally use the .81 and it comes on several hundred rpm sooner mix that with my 302 stroked motor, 98 cams, and non-ported intake I have amazing street manners.

PS. Call Trevor at real street performance in Florida. Tell them what you want, he can ship or have it drop shipped from Precision. The best part is if you need a repair or anything through precision you HAVE to get a RGA and if it's bought from a no-name good luck getting one from them. Trevor got me mine in 4 hours.

Last edited:

SLPCobra

Established Member
Be realistic with your power goals. If you don't plan on making more than 800rwhp then go with the .81. I personally use the .81 and it comes on several hundred rpm sooner mix that with my 302 stroked motor, 98 cams, and non-ported intake I have amazing street manners.

PS. Call Trevor at real street performance in Florida. Tell them what you want, he can ship or have it drop shipped from Precision. The best part is if you need a repair or anything through precision you HAVE to get a RGA and if it's bought from a no-name good luck getting one from them. Trevor got me mine in 4 hours.

Yeah makes since
I appreciate all the help I'll look into that. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread