couple suspension/exhaust questions

TIMMONS

ZZZ
Established Member
1) im installing new shocks/stuts, subframe connectors, h&r ss springs and uca's/lca's. would it be ok to leave out the quad shocks?

2) i ended up getting some used but very very nice lt's, o/r h, and mac pro dumps. unfortunatley i didnt get any bolts/nuts with it. what can i use as or where can i get hardware?

oh and a quick paint question.

3) my rear bumper clearcoat is peeling. how would i go about fixing it? do i have to get the whole rear bumper painted or is there a quick fix? i just want to get rid of the eyesore for now.

Last edited:

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
1) You can leave out the quadshocks, most say they didn't feel a difference. But unless you are running wide tires keep them, even if you are running wide tires, flip them and keep them. I have 315's and I flipped them and they work fine.

2) Go to any home depot store and buy some good hardware. Stay away from chinese brand because the 'hardcoat' on the bolts is just paint and it will chip away.

3) You might be able to wax and buff it...maybe a light wet sand.

TIMMONS

ZZZ
Established Member
1) You can leave out the quadshocks, most say they didn't feel a difference. But unless you are running wide tires keep them, even if you are running wide tires, flip them and keep them. I have 315's and I flipped them and they work fine.

2) Go to any home depot store and buy some good hardware. Stay away from chinese brand because the 'hardcoat' on the bolts is just paint and it will chip away.

thanx for the input :beer:

Ponyryd

Established Member
1-Toss the quads, with aftermarket control arms they aren't needed.
2-What bolts do you need-all of them? to bolt them to the head you should get some good stainless bolts, any header company will sell them to you. If you just don't have hardware to mate it all together, pretty much anything will do.
3-You'll need to have it re-sprayed, you can prolly wet sand it smooth but it'll be noticeable.

BITDIFFERENTSVT

Established Member

Were your Koni quads any smaller than the factory ones?

Users who are viewing this thread