couple ?s that i couldnt get answered thoroughly from searching

morrison_205

Established Member
ok first i did a search and even came upon some of F2B old posts from when he was a newb which i find kinda funny, just goes to show we all have been there.

a couple months back i installed a sct 4lb lower power package from LFP, ever since i have gotten a vibration noise through the dash when i put it in drive. i was thinking it was cavitation in the supercharger but i dont hear much of it under the hood and since its only when its in drive im thinking tranny, or is the bigger pulley just spinning everything faster and causing some noise. anyone have a similar problem?
also since installing the package my exhaust smells wierd and it burns my eyes and lungs when i get next to it should i worry or is it the tune being rich cuz its canned?

morrison_205

Established Member
You may want to double check your bolts on the pulley to make sure they are tight.

i did that for the first week before i started it after i installed the pulley just cuz they did work loose after the first test drive even with loctite on them. its not loud and i cant feel the vibration i can only hear it.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
Does the noise persist with the s/c belt removed? No? Take the lower pulley/hub off and wrap some masking tape around the outside of the hub where it goes into the balancer but don't overlap the ends, one or two wraps will do ya. This will ensure that the pulley hub is pefectly centered when you install the bolts. Are you sure you got the correct pulley hub for your year L? They're different from 99-00 and 01-04.

Get a custom dyno tune from someone who tunes for a living.

todd abbott

Established Member
As for the pulley viberation, it sounds like it's not centered or balanced as for the exhaust gases burning your eyes, have you had the truck dyno'd? whats your air to fuel ratio, is it pig rich?

morrison_205

Established Member
As for the pulley viberation, it sounds like it's not centered or balanced as for the exhaust gases burning your eyes, have you had the truck dyno'd? whats your air to fuel ratio, is it pig rich?

im not sure the vibration is in the pulley i said it happened at the exact same time i put the pulley in. if the pulley was off balance wouldnt i feel it vibrate even in park or neutral? i havent had the truck dyno'd i just installed the tune LFP sent me with the package. besides the vibration the truck runs awesome just wondering if there is something i can do about the vibration sound and its too faint to record so i cant take a vid of it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread