couple recent pics of the boss

HeLLFiRe xx

Run your car, not mouth.
Established Member
hey guys... couple of random cell phone pics of the boss that ive taken this season. alot of you know i took the blower off the car.... back to strictly a bolt on car.... i have so much more fun with it now. feedback is welcome. enjoy. follow me on ig guys @rh628

20150716_160116_zps3rcixyav.jpg

20150603_193444_zpsz2ielzvm.jpg

IMG_20150603_194105_zpspo4giwzx.jpg

IMG_20150606_133430_zpsggmsgkja.jpg

IMG_20150610_095942_zps12ifcblt.jpg

IMG_20150610_195150_zpsvghepmk9.jpg

IMG_20150725_145145_zps1lzjlvdf.jpg

Last edited:

HeLLFiRe xx

Run your car, not mouth.
Established Member
honestly... took away too much drive-ability. all of the vortech/paxton cars drive a little shitty due to the maf location. and my buddy also blew his 12 boss up with a novi2200 on race gas... was just a bit of a reality check. the car is so much more fun without the blower. more fun to corner, slide, drive reguarly. only time i miss the blower is when i have an open stretch of highway.

TClark22

Established Member
i took the blower off the car.... back to strictly a bolt on car.... i have so much more fun with it now. feedback is welcome. enjoy.

You ever read something so stupid you don't know how to respond?

honestly... took away too much drive-ability. all of the vortech/paxton cars drive a little shitty due to the maf location. and my buddy also blew his 12 boss up with a novi2200 on race gas... was just a bit of a reality check. the car is so much more fun without the blower. more fun to corner, slide, drive reguarly. only time i miss the blower is when i have an open stretch of highway.

it happened again.

Poking fun aside. I love your boss. Very sexy. But driveability...it was just a little bolt on blower man. Should have driven like stock until you hit it. Sounds like tuning problems if it drives shitty.

Last edited:

HeLLFiRe xx

Run your car, not mouth.
Established Member
You ever read something so stupid you don't know how to respond?

it happened again.

Poking fun aside. I love your boss. Very sexy. But driveability...it was just a little bolt on blower man. Should have driven like stock until you hit it. Sounds like tuning problems if it drives shitty.

read about it man. common problem with those kits. and with a 12k dollar motor i didnt want to risk it popping like my buddies did. on a safe lund tune with 100 octane. and i didnt want to back off the boost and have a slow blower car.... the coyotes and roadrunners just arent ideal for boost regardless... too much compression for it to be long lasting. i have much more fun with it NA... im gonna do some cams when my warranty is up. anyways im gonna build a coyote or an ls2 miata next year or the year after. make it a race car that i dont care about beating the shit out of it. know what i mean?

Last edited:

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
^ Yup
Probably rarest color of the s197's since its only available in the Boss, which was already limited and one year only (2013 update).

OP, if you really want to appreciate the Boss, take it to a road course, perhaps add some suspension goodies, better tires/brake pads & brake fluid and have some fun!

Lemmiwinks

Established Member
I like lower HP cars more than higher.

I have a lot more fun in a 347" stroker car than a 2.3 Whippled Cobra. Even though the 347" is half the HP.
It's more than enough on the street, and can easily cause mayhem with that one. 2nd and 3rd gear sliding in round abouts, the most fun you can have on the streets imo.
It's sad when the 347" stroker car is more fun than my Procharged T-bird... :/

Anyways, good looking car! I agree with your descision to remove the blower!

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Looking good Hellfire! I understand about the blower.... Imo the Boss should stay na too. And to those giving you a hard time, I get it. Sometimes there is such a thing as to much power. Your car is bad ass with or without the blower! My Boss is more fun to drive than my C6 Z06 or my 600rwhp SN95 Cobras were! It's much slower than both in a straight line too.....

lpheaven

Established Member
Awesome looking BOSS dude. Cool that you went back to NA. I went with the i-1 procharger unit. It cost alot of $$$ but i can choose betw. 4 modes of boost, where the boost comes on and including a quasi valet mode which basically makes no boost and feels like pure NA power.

TClark22

Established Member
read about it man. common problem with those kits. and with a 12k dollar motor i didnt want to risk it popping like my buddies did. on a safe lund tune with 100 octane. and i didnt want to back off the boost and have a slow blower car.... the coyotes and roadrunners just arent ideal for boost regardless... too much compression for it to be long lasting. i have much more fun with it NA... im gonna do some cams when my warranty is up. anyways im gonna build a coyote or an ls2 miata next year or the year after. make it a race car that i dont care about beating the shit out of it. know what i mean?

12k motor? Coyotes not ideal for boost?

I'm done.

HeLLFiRe xx

Run your car, not mouth.
Established Member
12k motor? Coyotes not ideal for boost?

I'm done.

Uhh... roadrunner is a 12000 dollar motor from ford. Can you get it cheaper elsewhere? Yes. And if you think 11 to 1 compression is ideal for boost you are about as dumb as they come.

Users who are viewing this thread