couple questions

Mr.Soup

complete modular newb
Established Member
First,
What size are the factory wheels on an 01 cobra (the silver ones with the "svt" cap in the center? my reason for asking is I know a lot of guys run 275s on the rear of these cars and I ran across a steal on a set of 285s. i figured since they're only 10mm wider it shouldn't matter that much but I'm no expert. my car currently has 245s on it now and (if i did my math right) that measures 9.64" and the 285 is 11.21" so the difference is only 1.57"
Second,
I am planning on flushing my radiator before the winter fully sets in and was wondering instead of buying the stuff that's already mixed if I could mix it with RO DI (reverse osmosis deionized) water. I have access to that filtration setup at work. just figured it'd be a lot purer than regular old tap water (especially since the water where i live is hard as a rock)
Third,
if all this has been covered I apologize, I couldn't find any of it using the search feature:beer:
I'm also not in the market for a different set of wheels right now so thats not an option.

Last edited:

COBRA90GT

The Joe is rockin'
Established Member
Factory '01 cobra wheel size is 17x8.

De-ionized water will be just fine.

I would definitely avoid using tap water, especially in your case with the "hard" water.

Why not use pre-mixed 50/50 coolant? You can usually find that stuff for sale at a local auto parts store. Are you looking for a specific coolant/water ratio?

Mr.Soup

complete modular newb
Established Member
Factory '01 cobra wheel size is 17x8.

De-ionized water will be just fine.

I would definitely avoid using tap water, especially in your case with the "hard" water.

Why not use pre-mixed 50/50 coolant? You can usually find that stuff for sale at a local auto parts store. Are you looking for a specific coolant/water ratio?

id rather buy the straight stuff because i'm a cheap ass. the pre-mixed is the same cost as the straight stuff

has anyone on here ran a 285 on an 8" wheel?

Tango7

Established Member
I have ran a 275/40/17 on a cobra 8 inch rim. The tire buldged too much for my taste.. I would say a 285 would fit but would not have a good contact patch with the 8 inch rim.. I ran 285/40/17 on some 9 inch rims and that was a good fit.

Users who are viewing this thread