COUPLE Questions!!

BocaCobra

Established Member
1st let me start by saying CONGRATS to all you guys who picked up your 03's already...I am starting to be a little jealous. Good thing I have my 97 Cobra to keep my calm till my 2nd run 03 COBRA comes. Well, my salesman called yesterday and left me a message saying he sent my order in, gave me a Item # and a Body Code # and said the order will be pulled probably August or early September. My question is what exactly are these #s he gave me and when can I start calling and checking status on my Sonic Blue baby I am waiting on? Thanks for the info guys.

PS -- 03 owners in South Florida - See you in a few months!!

Mowgli

Established Member
You need the vin #.

Or at least the first two and last eight digits of the vin. Otherwise calling the VOPC does you zero good. Oh, and get your dealer code before you call or you'll have to tap dance around it, and they will ask, especially after all the phone calls they are fielding lately.

You could try it with the order number - but the automated system only I think, and I never had any luck getting that to work.

Also, I wasn't able to get any real good info out of them until the week of my car actually going down the line. Then forward they have alot of detail available.

Before that its just "your car is scheduled for such n such build date" - that level of detail.

Last edited:

BocaCobra

Established Member
So are you saying I can basically call now and find out when my build date is? or do I have to wait till they actually pull the order at SVT? Also, he gave me a Item # and Body Code # -- Should he also have a Vin#??? I am new to this ordering car stuff so not sure how it all works. Thanks

StreetSnake

Established Member
Boca it is my guess that there is no build date on your baby yet, keep hounding your salesman for a vin# after you have that, then you can start gathering info. Until they have assigned a Vin # you got nuthin. Good luck Boca maybe our paths will cross down the road.

Users who are viewing this thread