Couple questions

GSM16GT350

Established Member
Happen to live in Ca , am looking for a ngauge with flex fuel tune , I have an air raid filter but stock intake , is it highly recommended to just grab the kit with the jlt or pmas? Also rock catchers , the jlt foam pieces ? Or what’s mainly used here ? Last one for now lol I’m doing the paint correction and the 3 year ceramic coat on Tue when I get back home , my biggest question is , the guy said he has done one gt350 already as well as a 2020 gt , both had the carbon trim I don’t know how I feel about putting the ceramic in these pieces does anyone here have the whole car done including the carbon ? Pics would be cool af too for either the ceramic job or the rock guards Thank You all

ANGREY

Established Member
Rock blockers are purely personal choice. Both designs are equally effective. I have the foam inserts and they've been there for 2 years and up redline at the top of 5, so plenty fast.

As far as aftermarket intakes go, it's largely snake oil (this is going to kick over a hornet's nest). The stock intake at N/A power levels is more than adequate.

What's NOT really controversial is to say whatever your choice, go with an enclosed box design. Open designs are great for dyno charts, but no one drives around with an open hood. Open designs have zero protection of the intake and filter to engine bay heat and these cars (like all modern Ford DOHC motors) are highly sensitive to IAT's.

As far as ceramic protection, it'll be fine on trim pieces. Some manufacturers actually make separate products (one for paint, one for trim) but it's most effective and useful on paint clear coat.

GSM16GT350

Established Member
Rock blockers are purely personal choice. Both designs are equally effective. I have the foam inserts and they've been there for 2 years and up redline at the top of 5, so plenty fast.

As far as aftermarket intakes go, it's largely snake oil (this is going to kick over a hornet's nest). The stock intake at N/A power levels is more than adequate.

What's NOT really controversial is to say whatever your choice, go with an enclosed box design. Open designs are great for dyno charts, but no one drives around with an open hood. Open designs have zero protection of the intake and filter to engine bay heat and these cars (like all modern Ford DOHC motors) are highly sensitive to IAT's.

As far as ceramic protection, it'll be fine on trim pieces. Some manufacturers actually make separate products (one for paint, one for trim) but it's most effective and useful on paint clear coat.
Just the info I needed , gonna have the whole car done , can’t wait to see it after it’s done . I am ordering the foam ones from jlt . Also I think I’ll just grab the nguage and flex tune and if I find a intake later down the road so be it . To me the car is just super fun to drive as is so if I can tune it with some e85 ability I think I’ll be set and just tackle the visual upgrades . I appreciate the help thank you

HiTechRedneck

Established Member
I just finished working with Lund on the nGauge and tune and they did an awesome job! Using the data log they even found an issue where the fuel trims were out of balance sided to side and suggested an exhaust leak on the passenger side. Sure enough, there was a crack in the high flow cat on the passenger side. Fixed that, new log and fresh tune and all is well. HIghly recommend Lund!

Users who are viewing this thread