Couple Questions Guys

KGblack99cobra

Back N Black
Established Member
Well, I have notice im still smoking a little oil out the exhaust.. The Rings should be almost set but I have notice the smoke more so when I idle at a light for a few minutes and then accelarate to speed..So im thinking maybe i have a vacum line on wrong or something.. Any ideas?

The Smoke is a Whiteish/Blue Make since?
I know my tune has me running a little Rich but that should be Black smoke, Correct?

I know the motor is 825 miles old now and is still setting the ring. (Rings are gapped for blow by).. (Nitrous or Blower in the Future)
Im running Valvoline 5w20, and changed the oil at 30 mins run time, then as follows 150 miles, 300, miles , 600 miles.. Going to change it again at 1500 miles..

So let me hear some of your wisdom to why the car is smoking

Thanks for any information
Keith

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
the rings are not still seating.
they seat with 30 minutes of running.

I was under the impression that this was a box stock mach 1 crate motor.

KGblack99cobra

Back N Black
Established Member
quadcammer said:
I was under the impression that this was a box stock mach 1 crate motor.

Sorry, In a since of the words its a stock mach 1 motor, But its been torn a part and rebuilt by my shop with gapped rings, Im still waiting to hear back from Mike Nichaols (Builder) on what they are gapped....

Neways now if the rings should be seat, then I need to find out why the car is still smoking..
Valve Train Problem Perhaps?

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
I was thinking valve train too. Probably valve guide seals. How many miles are on the heads?

I also agree, it's completely pointless to change the oil that much, even during break in.

KGblack99cobra

Back N Black
Established Member
833 Miles thanks to the breakfast run Today...
Im taking it in when i get some extra Change, to have the Valvetrain Examined..
Valve guides Etc... Im just going to montior Oil Consumption and see what happens...

KGblack99cobra

Back N Black
Established Member
I agree with ya... Shes not consuming oil... So Im just going to watch her, and maybe tweek with the XCAL to get the A/F a little leaner... I think im just running pretty fat... So i need to data log the car and send it your way so you can tell me what I need to work on....

Thanks for the help

viperbluelx

Sexton's Performance
Established Member
KGblack99cobra said:
I agree with ya... Shes not consuming oil... So Im just going to watch her, and maybe tweek with the XCAL to get the A/F a little leaner... I think im just running pretty fat... So i need to data log the car and send it your way so you can tell me what I need to work on....

Thanks for the help

you'll have to datalog with a wideband connected to be able to know if you can lean it out any

Users who are viewing this thread