couple questions about exhaust

99slowbra

SVT FREAK
Established Member
Hey guys, two questions...

Right now I have my stock headers running to a bassani catted x out borla stingers and LOVE the sound but like most NA cobras I feel it's time for some long tube headers.

1) Can I cut down my midpipe or somehow fit a set a pair of longtube headers on my setup? Is it necessary to change my midpipe?

2) What would the sound difference be? I've checked some exhaust vids...I want to hear some personal opinions..

Thanks.

Swannyvill

BLOWN '01
Established Member
imo, buy headers then buy the correct size mid pipe to match. I don't think its worth the headache of cutting and fitting and welding. buy new sell old. oh and SLP ftw!

x99blacksnakex

Horsepower over Willpower
Established Member
Buy new headers and midpipe and sell your old stuff like Swannyvill said. And its probably smart to try and buy the same manufacturer for midpipe and headers. Some people have run into fit issues when they mix those two parts.

Darkc0bra

....Pass
Established Member
I agree with Swannyvill. If you are going to Long Tubes you should buy the correct mid pipe to go with it. It will save a lot of frustration and cursing :cuss:
I have the same setup as you do right now and I enjoy the sound myself. Whenever I get around to it if I can scrape up the money I will mostly be going BBK LT with BBK catted midpipe but Kooks if I can get more cash :rockon: Stingers are a good choice for the sound :beer:

kxt

atomic number 30
Established Member
i love my MAC longtubes and I have an off-road X, H, & Prochamber that I switch between a few times a year. If I feel the pipes are too loud I just slide in some Bassani Baffles into my Magnaflow tips and quiet it down a bit. BTW I'm running MAC flowpath muffs and M55 tailpipes. Yea its a collage, but I love it.

zPipes

Established Member
^^^ I'm curious, what midpipe do you like the best, what is more aggressive on your setup?

I switched from x to h and I love it, went with mac for the mid. Going to get mac lt's this year also. Can't wait.

Oh sorry, and to OP, I agree on just buying a new midpipe rather than modifying your existing to fit.

Users who are viewing this thread