Couple question not covered in the noob thread

polk5295

Established Member
I just ordered a 2014 gt500 and I have a couple quick questions. I have owned a couple terminators although i realize this is a whole other beast. I was wondering if the dealership can tell if you have tuned a car if you pull the program out of the ecu? Also, when launching with drag radials or street slicks are sub-frame connectors or a cage required to prevent body twisting? I have a set of terminator wheels with drag radials and was wondering if they would fit? Thanks in advance for the help.

Andy

ILW84U

Established Member
I just ordered a 2014 gt500 and I have a couple quick questions. I have owned a couple terminators although i realize this is a whole other beast. I was wondering if the dealership can tell if you have tuned a car if you pull the program out of the ecu? Yes Also, when launching with drag radials or street slicks are sub-frame connectors or a cage required to prevent body twisting? No I have a set of terminator wheels with drag radials and was wondering if they would fit? No. Wrong offset. Thanks in advance for the help.

Andy

If you searched a little more than the noob thread you would have your answers but I will help. See above.

Black Thunder 715

Established Member
I just ordered a 2014 gt500 and I have a couple quick questions. I have owned a couple terminators although i realize this is a whole other beast. I was wondering if the dealership can tell if you have tuned a car if you pull the program out of the ecu? Also, when launching with drag radials or street slicks are sub-frame connectors or a cage required to prevent body twisting? I have a set of terminator wheels with drag radials and was wondering if they would fit? Thanks in advance for the help.

Andy
Yes. The stealership has a way to find out because there is a digital trail when you mess with the ECU.

BOD89LX

Established Member
Ford can tell if car has been tuned but most dealerships do not have the equipment to pull that info out, just that you had a loss of power from resetting the ECU after returning to stock if you disconnect the battery.

Users who are viewing this thread