couple of questions- steering squeek/valve stem

SVTcobraGirl

Banned
Ok..got a couple of questions here.. I know the 03s had some issues with the steering bushings squeeking..or what ever noise it is.. mine were doing it.. then went away and now its back and worse. Its covered under the warranty.. but i just DO NOT trust the ford dealerships with the car.. anyone know WHAT bushings these are squeeking and how hard they are to replace ourselves? With basic tools and a garage with jacks of course.

Secondly.. I have the ford racing F500s... and when i bought the wheels/tires the tires were low on air. After getting them home and airing them up we noticed one kept leaking down. Had it broke down and looked over..no damage they said it was the valve stems. Now the drivers side front is leaking air also. Im tired of airing tires up every day.. the stems in it have a nut on them.. i guess theyre some kinda racing type deal? Would I be better off to change these out to the normal standard rubber ones??

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
you'll need a trip to the alignment rack after you install the bushings as they move the rack rearward, which increases toe-in a little bit.

spray some soapy water on the wheel and find out where it bubbles. could be where the valve stem goes through the wheel, or it could be the valve stem core.

i use the metal valve stems when i can find some that fit without modifying teh wheel. at the very least use a metal valve stem cap.

Users who are viewing this thread