Couple of GT350 Questions

WVTrakPak

Established Member
1. Seems like all I heard when these came out was problems. Now I search thru pages on this forum and all I see is smiles and happiness for the most part. Has Ford remedied the early engine and fitment issues? Is oil consumption no longer a problem with the minor changes Ford made?

2. It seems that prices are coming down on these. I know adds can be deceiving but a lot of 17 hold overs and it seems that there are some deals on the 18s as well. Has demand caught up?

3. I have not seen any pics on this site for Lead Foot. Anyone know how it is holding up?

4. Anyone have warranty issues with cars that have been on track? Had Ford stood up for these cars?

Thanks so much!

Drewsky65

Established Member
the only think i know is the 2015 and some 16 cars that were non track pack equipped were getting hot transmissions after hard lap use. some owners took this up with Ford for being advertised as track ready. i know that there were no issues with any kind of street or even spirited driving. the track pack cars never had any problems. and now 2017 and newer come standard with track pack equipment, its the only way they are available. from what i understand there has been no issues with this since.

ArkLightning

Established Member
Sounds like you are looking at new GT350s instead of used ones. I wouldn't worry about any of those issues buying a new one. It's capable of very high rpms and if you use that high-rev ability constantly, with all that piston speed it's bound to use a bit of oil. Drive it in a sane manner 95% of the time and it should be just about like any Mustang for maintenance and oil use.

WVTrakPak

Established Member
Thanks for the replies, sounds just like what I am hearing and yes I am considering a new one. Still unsure but I love what I am reading about the changes.

Users who are viewing this thread