Couple of beemers and Granny's SHO

TOZOVR

Established Member
Was down at an SHO meeting/breakfast in Walpole MA yesterday. On the way home heading up I95 a 330CI coupe blew by me at..not hard as I had the cruise set at 70 or so...

As I waffled back and forth, weather or not to give chase, a near new 335XI flew by me on the right....ok, time to play...Down into fourth and let the dog hunt a lil....up over 95 and catch up to them...guy in the CI looks over and gives me the thumbs up and starts to pull away...I decide to let the SHO run a little and pass him doing about 110 and keep pulling away fairly slowly...slow but steady...

At this point I think the guy in the 335XI is a lil creeped out because he's fallen off the back a bit. I pulled her up to 125 with a goodbit of space between the 330CI and myself and let off. Back down to 70 and as the XI driver pulled alongside he just shook his head and gave me the thumbs up. The CI drive just kept on going.

Good times.

Last edited:

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
Gen 2 is where it's at! :D The SHO lives on the highway though deffintly. I've been surprised on what I could keep up with and beat at higher speeds.

bimmertech

Established Member
so i didn't really comprehend this properly, are you saying you pulled a 330 and a 335 or just the 330?

TOZOVR

Established Member
I didn't "pull" anyone LOL. We just had a ton of fun. The guy in the 335XI just seemed a little uncomfortable over 100. Very playfull and having fun under 100, but once the 330 and I took off towards 120 or so he just dropped off the back. I made great time from 110 to 125 and was gaining distance between myself and the CI, but lord knows, he could have just been hanging out. Could he have decided to just up and leave? maybe. He didn't though. It should be noted that my SHO is in exceptional condition/tune. Over 90mph, she's really comes into her own. We were just blasting around, enjoying the absence of traffic on a sunday!

Users who are viewing this thread