Couple cars we finsihed up recently..

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
I remember that build like it was yesterday... Tim formerly from Mph built that badboy If thats the correct car i'm thinking of.. Did you tune it ?

Greg@RET

Established Member
I remember that build like it was yesterday... Tim formerly from Mph built that badboy If thats the correct car i'm thinking of.. Did you tune it ?

Tuned and changed a number of things. Injectors, map sensors, fuel routing, hoses, full 16v on everything with no stepdown box, pinion angle, tweaked the kmember straight, ams 1k boost controller, relocating the ice box along with a bigger lid, different coils, etc.. Yes Tim did built the turbo kit originally. The cold side will be changed up during Christmas. BTW this is the first time out to the 1/4 mi with all the new changes...

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
Tuned and changed a number of things. Injectors, map sensors, fuel routing, hoses, full 16v on everything with no stepdown box, pinion angle, tweaked the kmember straight, ams 1k boost controller, relocating the ice box along with a bigger lid, different coils, etc.. Yes Tim did built the turbo kit originally. The cold side will be changed up during Christmas. BTW this is the first time out to the 1/4 mi with all the new changes...

Wow I'm surprised Brian didn't ship it back to Tim ..

B C

Established Member
Wow I'm surprised Brian didn't ship it back to Tim ..

MPH is no more and now that I have a local shop and a good friend to work on it, Greg@RET, I wouldn't have sent it back to them again anyway. MPH didn't have the time to test it and work the bugs out of it. And it has/had a lot of bugs to squish. Greg has changed a lot and it is finally running good but there is still some more things to be done to make it better and more efficient. Now we can go to the track and figure it out. It also helps to have 4 or 5 other cars there with similar but different setups and ideas and try to incorporate the best ones into the cars as we go.

The only reason MPH had it in the first place is because I bought it back there, he had a good reputation and he offered to check the car out and handle the sale so I wouldn't have to fly out and do it. I figured will it was there I would have MPH build a sleeper 10 second street car. I had a Fun Ford Weekend event there 6 months later in Virginia that I wanted to show up and kill all the "Street" cars at the track with a "sleeper" HP turbo setup. HP couldn't ship the kit promptly, I think it took over a year and a half to get all the parts.

The only reason I shipped it back to MPH the second time is because I was having a lot of problems with it and they were worried it was an engine problem, trans problem or turbo problem and wanted to go through it. They also had some ideas of making it bigger and better - wanting to go more race car than street car. If Racers Edge Tuning was doing this kind of work back then I would have never sent it back the second time.

Users who are viewing this thread