Could this admin be the end to our passion and some of our careers?

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
I agree on researching first. Ive done allot of it on this place as I have to life long friends in this company. This company does no fracking or drilling whatsoever. Its called Energy Transfer Partners. They are involved with them yes, but they are more invloved with other ventures. They own Sunoco, and they are fortune 500. I wouldn't be a field worker, I will be a warehouse/Inventory Coordinator. Is there a risk, absolutely but at what job isnt there a risk? Heck right now I deal with Interior wall protection, my job has been in jeopardy since the start of tye Chinese Flu.

Sent from my LM-Q620 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

I’ve worked alongside ETP for years. Lol. Are you moving into the Permian?
The field workers for them have a cake job.. watch a pump move water and watch Netflix lol

SecondhandSnake

Established Member
Electric trucks are supposedly even worse. An OTR trucker would have to stop more than they could drive.

Despite what they claim, OTR isn't quite there yet. They haven't even been able to break into the short range, low duty cycle applications yet like delivery, bus, and refuse. Those have short routes and plenty of time to recharge. They've started to make inroads with light delivery and some school buses, which are decent applications for it. But the few buses out there have not fared well. The local ones they bought only got 50-66% of the range they promised, and required the installation of more charging stations. The fleet in New Mexico fared worse at about 50%, and sold them back. Which points out another limitation of electric- climate. As is buses in a colder climate can use more heat for the cabin than a diesel engine makes. Electric needs an auxiliary heater. Similar problem running AC in a hot climate. Plus the battery packs themselves need to be temperature regulated. So they need to be cooled or heated while the vehicle is off, requiring more energy.

I think we'll get there with better battery and fuel cell technology, but it's still a good 5 years off. The problem is if the government tries to mandate it rather than letting technology lead.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
Despite what they claim, OTR isn't quite there yet. They haven't even been able to break into the short range, low duty cycle applications yet like delivery, bus, and refuse. Those have short routes and plenty of time to recharge. They've started to make inroads with light delivery and some school buses, which are decent applications for it. But the few buses out there have not fared well. The local ones they bought only got 50-66% of the range they promised, and required the installation of more charging stations. The fleet in New Mexico fared worse at about 50%, and sold them back. Which points out another limitation of electric- climate. As is buses in a colder climate can use more heat for the cabin than a diesel engine makes. Electric needs an auxiliary heater. Similar problem running AC in a hot climate. Plus the battery packs themselves need to be temperature regulated. So they need to be cooled or heated while the vehicle is off, requiring more energy.

I think we'll get there with better battery and fuel cell technology, but it's still a good 5 years off. The problem is if the government tries to mandate it rather than letting technology lead.

I read an article from my local news website and there’s a Democrat here who is hard up to try and push something like this through as soon as possible because she lives near one of the busiest ports on the East Coast (Newark) she’s already got an entire team assembled to come up with some crock of shit to make her efforts look good

SecondhandSnake

Established Member
I read an article from my local news website and there’s a Democrat here who is hard up to try and push something like this through as soon as possible because she lives near one of the busiest ports on the East Coast (Newark) she’s already got an entire team assembled to come up with some crock of shit to make her efforts look good

Surprised she doesn't live in a nicer area. Then again I guess a nice area in Jersey is like the clean end of a turd.

They can look to California for port operations. They've been mandating lower emissions trucks and funding new technologies. The lower emissions trucks piss off the operators because the higher capital costs and downtime kill their profit margin. And much of the new technology trucks have spent more time down than running. With the exception of natural gas, of course.

At least the yard tractors there make for a good electric application. They only go a mile or two tops and seldom exceed 100hp. And yet they technically have higher emissions requirements because they're not an "on road" vehicle (unless plated as such, which does require the lower emissions engine.)

DaveWertz

Established Member
I’ve worked alongside ETP for years. Lol. Are you moving into the Permian?
The field workers for them have a cake job.. watch a pump move water and watch Netflix lol
I will be at the Williamsport/Watsontown warehouse. Maybe once a yr I will visit the yard in Wexford. I will be the Inventory Coordinator.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Ha, Pittsburgh is 6:1 D to R ratio. We've had "Bike Lane" Bill Peduto as our Mayor and he's now running, likely unopposed, for a 3rd term. There hasn't been a republican mayor in over 70 years. Allegheny county is as Blue as Bucks County. Those two (and Erie this past election) are solely why PA went Blue instead of Red this election.

Such comments make me believe what we have been told about Pitt are lies. An outsider would think the city is full of blue collar workers who not only value their dollar but work hard for it. If those two qualities are true, how could one vote for a democrat. SE PA going democrat is understandable based on the type(s) of people you'll find in those parts. Philthy is a joke but Pitt? Damn.

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
Such comments make me believe what we have been told about Pitt are lies. An outsider would think the city is full of blue collar workers who not only value their dollar but work hard for it. If those two qualities are true, how could one vote for a democrat. SE PA going democrat is understandable based on the type(s) of people you'll find in those parts. Philthy is a joke but Pitt? Damn.
Sorry if this offends anyone, but city dwellers are generally pieces of shit.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Everyone putting their angry faces on it and I commented “hey y’all voted FOR this”.

so ya. **** em.

That's the problem though; I don't think many actually legitimately voted for this. Even my local fb pages, its hard to find many supporting the left anymore in local news pages that used to swing blue hard.

This was a stolen election rife with millions of fraud votes. Not an insignificant amount like the media tries to say. They had their vote manipulation algorithms on full bore.

Users who are viewing this thread