Cost of Buffing

Ltnstrk

Established Member
Guys I have a question on the cost of buffing our trucks. I tried to claybar it but I need to get it buffed. How much am I looking at to get the entire truck done and a respectable shop? Thanks for the help

kromdom

1KWKTRK
Established Member
have you considered doing this yourself??? An orbital polisher (Porter Cable) from Home Depot will have easily paid for itself after you use it the first time. Here is what I did to my '01HD (after attending a FREE class sponsored by Meguiar's): http://www.nhtoc.net/vbforum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13975&highlight=black+is+beautiful
BEFORE
attachment.php

AFTER
attachment.php

More info here: http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=67

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
The detaliers around here coust from 60 to 100 bucks to get a wash, full wax and buff, pluss detail inside and out side of your truck. For the same price you can buy a buffer, and all the crap needed, but I don't like spending al day cleaning, waxxing, and buffing, I pay for mine to get done.

hyvltge

PSI
Established Member
Do it yourself!! Buy a porter cable use good wax and call it done. You'll know you've done well when people ask when you had your truck wet sanded.

mirror5tz.jpg

hy9ho.jpg

sunset5copy2mk.gif

1BAD93SVT

Established Member
hyvltge said:
Do it yourself!! Buy a porter cable use good wax and call it done. You'll know you've done well when people ask when you had your truck wet sanded.

mirror5tz.jpg

hy9ho.jpg

sunset5copy2mk.gif

that looks bling bling. what buffer do you have/used?

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
HalfTime said:
The detaliers around here coust from 60 to 100 bucks to get a wash, full wax and buff, pluss detail inside and out side of your truck. For the same price you can buy a buffer, and all the crap needed, but I don't like spending al day cleaning, waxxing, and buffing, I pay for mine to get done.

Lazy. :poke:

If that's all they charge then they aren't that good. ;-)

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
Yeah, his red '40 is under customer images. Some pics of the L would be up therebut I haven't signed the release forms yet.

Vette Eater

Established Member
I own a detail shop and we charge MINIMUM $125.00 for an exterior...Buffing isn't hard you just need to know what product to use in which step...I've had this business for almost 10 years and have been detailing for 15yearsand MEGUIAR'S SUCKS!!!

Bootbox

Established Member
Vette Eater said:
I own a detail shop and we charge MINIMUM $125.00 for an exterior...Buffing isn't hard you just need to know what product to use in which step...I've had this business for almost 10 years and have been detailing for 15yearsand MEGUIAR'S SUCKS!!!

I don't know man, that tonnuea cover looks pretty good to me... what product line do you use?

I've tried lots of different lines, everything from Pinnacle to Turtle Wax, and I've got nothing but good things to say about Meguiar's when it comes to your average dude with a PC in their driveway on a weekend. I use their #83 followed by #9 then top it with #16, all with my PC 7424, and it works magic.

:)

SVT Wylde

The Accountant
Established Member
Vette Eater said:

I'm glad I read this. I may drive down and get you to clean my truck up. I have some swirls I can't get rid of. :-D

Ltnstrk

Established Member
Thanks for all of the help. My dad has a buffer, so I might ask him if I could use it. What compound would you recomend vette eater

Stewart_H

Never Fry Bacon NAKED
Established Member
ChrisNelson said:
No, they only sell through their dealers. ;-)

Yeah, I know. I sent them an email and they responded imeediately. They directed me to some goomba in Connecticut who hooked up. :poke: :D

Stewart :p ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread