corvette depreciation

FIVEHOE

Established Member
All the used corvettes around here are stupidly over priced. Most of the used ones for sale I think to myself "for not much more I can get the new vette"

Sick03Vert

Banned
I've seen some good deals on C6Z06's. 26k miles for $39k on an '06 model. If you have $42k, you have your choice of many low mileage examples.

Not sure what the point of the original post was though. Everything depreciates, and it's ALWAYS been known that when you buy a Corvette new, you are paying a premium for that warranty.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
Even at 50k that is one hell of a car for the money. Let alone 35-45k

You paid what 130k for your Ford GT with similar performance numbers?

Last edited:

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
My Ford GT has not depreciated. in fact it has gone up in value. the point of this post was to point out the fact that you are by far better off to buy a corvette used than new. in fact i may just add another vette to my stable....

Last edited:

Blackoyote

Established Member
I've seen some good deals on C6Z06's. 26k miles for $39k on an '06 model. If you have $42k, you have your choice of many low mileage examples. .

After reading this post, I did a new quick CL search and found an 11k mile car, with basic mods done for $39k...getting even more excited now:banana:

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I've seen the Porsche Cayenne Turbo take a bigger hit. I saw this ad saying it was 120k new (with the window sticker), and they are now in the low 20's. Although the car is 10 years old!

Never_Enough

Established Member
You can also pick up used blown/built Non-Z C6 cars for under $30k. I miss my C6, but I believe I want a C7 now.

Blown 89

Established Member
I've seen the Porsche Cayenne Turbo take a bigger hit. I saw this ad saying it was 120k new (with the window sticker), and they are now in the low 20's. Although the car is 10 years old!
My fiance wants a Lexus SUV (biggest piles of shit I've ever driven) but I've talked her into the Porsche instead. There are some screaming deals on them used.

I've been looking at C6 vettes the past few months. My Cobra's paint is failing (bad accident repair) and I don't think pissing $7k down the drain is worth it when I can pick up a very nice used vette for cheap. There have been some screaming deals on them since the C7 came out.

SpectorV

Established Member
with a new models the previous ones do take a hit more quickly than before, not a bad time to get one if you want a nice C6 or even a Z

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
with a new models the previous ones do take a hit more quickly than before, not a bad time to get one if you want a nice C6 or even a Z

I would think with how butt ugly the C7 is that the C6 would go up in price!:burnout:

mrlrd1

Established Member
the point of this post was to point out the fact that you are by far better off to buy a corvette used than new.

WHAT A REVELATION!! :lol: :rollseyes

What does this have to do SPECIFICALLY with the Corvette? This is true for 99.9% of vehicles!

Users who are viewing this thread