Corvette C8.R

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
That is most certainly a small displacement TT V8. Listen to a 488GTB with an exhaust for comparison or even a Mclaren. The engine has been basically revealed already via Cadillac. 4.2L “hot v” configuration.

blk02edge

Established Member
That is most certainly a small displacement TT V8. Listen to a 488GTB with an exhaust for comparison or even a Mclaren. The engine has been basically revealed already via Cadillac. 4.2L “hot v” configuration.
Good point

Z06

Established Member
AB52F43D-0A3F-4184-A5A8-1B62729BC80A.jpeg
IMSA rules call for 4.2 FI or 5.5 N/A. I’m thinking we heard, if it really is the C8.R, a 4.2 TT V8 similar to what Cadillac has out right now.

For certain it doesn’t have the thunder of the previous .R versions but it sure does sound similar to the Ferraris in GTE

Cadillac Introduces First-Ever Twin-Turbo V-8 Engine

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
"While not yet officially confirmed by GM, it appears the race car features a twin-turbo V8 powerplant"

V6, or V8?
I know gm has been working on a mid engine TT v6 for the Corvette for a while now(caddy will get a less hp/tq version 1st)Less weight and a better weight balance. I highly dought youll see a TT V8 in the production car. Maybe just a TT v8 in there race car.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
I know gm has been working on a mid engine TT v6 for the Corvette for a while now(caddy will get a less hp/tq version 1st)Less weight and a better weight balance. I highly dought youll see a TT V8 in the production car. Maybe just a TT v8 in there race car.
GM already has a TT V6. See the ATS-V and CTS - V Sport. 3.6l direct injected. Its been in production for a few years now.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
At this point, I’m pretty sure it’s mid engine GT500.

A tt v6 Corvette would cause a great disturbance on the internet. A million vaginas all simultaneously filling with sand.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
GM already has a TT V6. See the ATS-V and CTS - V Sport. 3.6l direct injected. Its been in production for a few years now.
Correct but the Corvette will have a slightly modified version of that caddy engine.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Correct but the Corvette will have a slightly modified version of that caddy engine.
Do you have a link for this? I find it hard to believe GM developed a brand new engine and is not putting it in their flagship model particularly after switching to a mid engine platform.

Edit.....

Unless your talking about a cheap base model which I wouldn’t put past GM. All the leaked videos of the C8 are a small TT V8 though.

Last edited:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Do you have a link for this? I find it hard to believe GM developed a brand new engine and is not putting it in their flagship model particularly after switching to a mid engine platform.
Nope, there are all kinds of info floating around currently.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Definitely doesn't sound like a V8. Then again, neither does the McLaren 720S.

Users who are viewing this thread