Correct brake line torque spec for Brembo 4 piston install

cheeser

Established Member
I should probably just call Ford Racing Parts for the answer, but thought I would ask the group.

I have been purchasing the parts individually vs the M-2300-S kit as I was able to find the calipers from Ford and I wanted different pads/rotors. I am installing the 4 piston Brembos this weekend and have found 4 different torque specs for this setup:
- Factory Service Manual: 41 ft/lbs
- American Muscle posted guide : 30 ft/lbs
- Ford Racing (M-2300-S kit) web site: 18 - 24 ft/lbs​

Until I call Ford to verify, I assume the 18 - 24 ft/lbs spec is the one to use.

thanks

cheeser

Established Member
Are you using factory style lines or braided lines. The types of crush washers are different and will affect torque. When I put the braided lines on my car I used the 14ft-lb spec.

I am using the low-expansion Boss 302 lines from Ford. The bag (or calipers) didn't have any instructions, thus why I have been looking at the other instructions.

cheeser

Established Member
O ya those. Use the factory spec then, since that is just a factory replacement part. Personally if I were you I wouldn't waste my time with those and get the Stoptech ones.

I finally called Ford Performance Parts and they said to use 18 ft/lbs for the fronts. It didn't seem to matter as to which lines I was using. Don't most of them have the copper washer on both sides?

Users who are viewing this thread