Corbeau lg1 seats ordered need some advice on airbag light

KILRSVT

Established Member
So I ordered my seats the recaros are way too much and my base seats sucks no side support at all. I ordered the corbeau lg1 reclineable seats and brackets but I am wondering about the air bag light. I was thinking about making my own resistor kit but I don't know what the resistance is supposed to be at is there a company who makes a kit ?? Anyone in here dealt with this before ?? Don't want the air bag light bugging me . Any input would help .. Thanks in advance

Mad_Marc

Procharged!
Established Member
There was an article on this on another forum, i will try to find it. However it was for the 11-12 cars, as the 13 they switched up the wiring i believe. For the resistor if i remember correctly it was 1 ohm

nordy racer

Established Member
There was an article on this on another forum, i will try to find it. However it was for the 11-12 cars, as the 13 they switched up the wiring i believe. For the resistor if i remember correctly it was 1 ohm

please track it down if you can. i'm going to be switching out my 2012 seats soon also..

toomnymods

Established Member
So what seats tend to be the most comfortable? I'd like the weight savings with 5 point harness capability. i'm a big guy 6' and 300lbs but plan on losing weight to get down to about 240. Still should be kinda on the big end for racing seats though.. Looking at corbeaus site was confusing as hell..

KILRSVT

Established Member
Good info thanks for the link Mad marc ill see if I can fool it with a 2 ohm resistor my installation should be a lot easier since I have base seats. I'll see if I can talk to a ford tech about the correct resistance value

ExTurbo

Established Member
good writeup in that link, makes me want new seats, the stock seats have so little support in the corners. would love to know exactly how much weight was actually saved here. Im assuming the heated seats are not working anymore :( id miss that on cold days

ExTurbo

Established Member
hmmm 48lbs makes a big difference, lil spare tire removal and some light weight wheels and tires and thats an easy 100+ lbs before getting into bumper supports and k members...

Mr. Anderson

Established Member
you save 50 pounds total over the leather motorized seats. be carefull with the LG1's, if you are short they are fine. but if your 5' 9" or taller I would recommend the A4's. the seats will still work but if you were to ever get in a front or rear collision , you would break your neck since there is no support for your head

the resistance required is 2.2 ohms. you can get two 5 pack of 10 ohm 1/4 watt resistors from radio shack for less than 5 bucks and solder em together in parallel. one 5 pack set for each seat, don't forget to install the passenger's side seat bladder or you will still get a light.

Last edited:

redrum12

Established Member
Well what about this ibhave a 2012 gt I put the stock boss recaros in my car from a 2013 and the passenger side is fine but the airbag light is on fkr the driver side any help with this

04SNK390HP

I hate SHEEPLE
Established Member
Well what about this ibhave a 2012 gt I put the stock boss recaros in my car from a 2013 and the passenger side is fine but the airbag light is on fkr the driver side any help with this

Would like to know the answer to this also. Anyone???

I recently traded my factory recaro seats for the base cloth seats. Now the guy I traded seats with and I both have the airbag light on in the instrument cluster. His 5.0 is a 12' and mine is a 13'. Any way of removing/resetting the airbag light without taking it to the dealer?

I did a similar seat swap about a year ago with the same seats and both vehicles didn't get a airbag light.

-Nick

Last edited:

5PNTSLW

Back on the Saddle
Established Member
the 2ohm resistor did not work for me and i have a 13'. I was thinking about testing the stock seats to see what they come out as. i have a base w/ tech package, so the driver seat is powered and the passenger isn't.

Users who are viewing this thread