Corbeau harness bar

jlwdvm

Established Member
Anybody using one of these and a 4-point harness? I can't get the factory belts tight enough for road course work even with all the tricks one can do. Was wondering if the bar would be too much in the way for my 6-year-old son to get into and use the back seat with the bar in. Thoughts?

Jabooh1

Established Member
I wouldn't have anyone back there with the bar in. If you got into an accident his head could easily hit it.

If you only use it while racing, putting the bar in and out probably isn't that big of a deal.

rosem32

Established Member
I wouldn't have anyone back there with the bar in. If you got into an accident his head could easily hit it.

If you only use it while racing, putting the bar in and out probably isn't that big of a deal.

Yes, do not leave it in with your kid in the backseat. I have one in my other car and banged my head against it on accident. It hurt like hell, I cant imagine a car accident with it.

Also, Speedware Motorsports has harness bars that are easy to install and remove.

isrboss

Established Member
OP, truthfully, these harness bars are for show only to me. I would strongly recommend only using a roll bar with a 4 point harness while on a road course. If you get sideways off track and roll while harnessed in you will need the roll bar to stop the roof from crushing into your head/neck. The harness belt will not allow your upper half to go sideways, and with the harness bar your chance of a fatal roll goes way up.

I would recommend to research CG Lock instead. I use it, although it does not help laterally, it does keeps me in place during braking.

darreng505

Established Member
OP, truthfully, these harness bars are for show only to me. I would strongly recommend only using a roll bar with a 4 point harness while on a road course. If you get sideways off track and roll while harnessed in you will need the roll bar to stop the roof from crushing into your head/neck. The harness belt will not allow your upper half to go sideways, and with the harness bar your chance of a fatal roll goes way up.

I would recommend to research CG Lock instead. I use it, although it does not help laterally, it does keeps me in place during braking.

I agree with this 100%. The other thing about bolt in harness bars is if the body twists in a wreck (and it will), the harness bar bolts will shear and the bar will fold like a wet newspaper.
These products give the false sense if safety but actually increase risk.

I'm adding a comment here after reading a comment about harness bars on another forum.

The person said they only use the bar to keep their harness tight so they don't shift in their seat.

Harnesses are safety equipment. Not comfort equipment. Theyre designed to save your life in the event of a serious wreck. Using a harness bar just to feel snug in your seat at the expense of saving your life in a wreck is moronic. Just fyi.

Last edited:

forcefedcobra

Established Member
CG Lock FTW! If you dont plan to do a full cage/roll bar then a CG lock is the only way to go. I've had them in several cars and been to several road track events and they work great!

Users who are viewing this thread