Corbeau CR1 vs LG1

onehundredk

Smashin' Pumpkins
Established Member
Trying to see whats the best bang for the buck. can anyone give any input on both these seats. thanks

onehundredk

Smashin' Pumpkins
Established Member
i dont know, dont really like either of the styles. anything wrong with corbeau i should know about? verses the sparco or recaro? im pretty much just swinging back and forth on the trs, cr1 or the lg1

20psirabbit

Established Member
no, i've had a few corbeaus myself, it's just that IMO sparcos and recaros feel higher quality. but to each his own :beer:

JSkwarek

BUY, MOD, SELL, REPEAT!
Established Member
I've spent the last 6 months looking for the right seat for my vert and thought I had settled on the CR1's I ended up going with the Corbeau VX2000 in all leather. I thought the lower height of this seat would compliment the convertible belt line.

I looked at Sparco seats too and had the opposite thought as 20psirabbit, I thought the Sparco felt like a race only seat, I don't want to use the term cheap, but it seemed like it was set up for racing and not a weekend driver, really rigid and while they hold you in the seat well I thought they'd get pretty uncomfortable on a long drive. Seats are very much a personal preference, I personally don't think you can go wrong with either company, they have all been around for a long time and all have proven designs.

I'll get some pics up of the VX2000 as soon as I get the correct brackets in.

Jason

Taz

Established Member
There are a couple things I refused to give up when I went aftermarket for my new seats, one of which was adjustable headrests. The seats you're considering all look very sporty, but be certain you'll be satisfied with a fixed headrest before diving in. Maybe, drive a couple cars with similar seats first.

I went with a pair of Recaro Style Toplines in leather for my own car. These seats are FANTASTIC and their quality is top shelf! They were outrageously expensive, and most folks don't want to spend that kind of money for seats, but I have not regretted the cost for a second.

20psirabbit

Established Member
I looked at Sparco seats too and had the opposite thought as 20psirabbit, I thought the Sparco felt like a race only seat, I don't want to use the term cheap, but it seemed like it was set up for racing and not a weekend driver, really rigid and while they hold you in the seat well I thought they'd get pretty uncomfortable on a long drive. Seats are very much a personal preference, I personally don't think you can go wrong with either company, they have all been around for a long time and all have proven designs.

Jason

that's absolutely true, seating, like suspension, is very personal and subjective :beer:
got any pics of your interior? i'm always looking for pics of terminator verts w/ seats as i'm looking at putting some in my vert at some point.

JSkwarek

BUY, MOD, SELL, REPEAT!
Established Member
I hope to have pics up by the end of the week, still waiting on seat brackets, my interior is far from complete but at least I'll get some pics up of the seats.

Jason

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I had Corbeau A4's in my car and they were great. The overall quality was very good. Only thing I didn't like is the suede material that I chose faded really bad in a years time because I had a convertible. I'd still recommend the seats, they were super comfortable. I've sat in the Sparco Torino's, which the A4 is a copy of, and didn't like them near as much. The material was almost like a tweed and they were much narrower at the kidneys.

I don't recommend the TRS. The side bolsters are very flexible and don't hold you in the seat as well. The A4 has a lot of reinforcement in the bolsters, which are stiff and keep you in place. Such a drastic improvement over the stock seats, it made driving spirited much more fun.

As for the Recaro Speed, tons of honda/acura guys have those because they come stock in type-r civics and integras in foreign markets, so they must be pretty comfy. I'd still save money and get Corbeaus. Got my seats and brackets for $800 shipped to my door.

Last edited:

onehundredk

Smashin' Pumpkins
Established Member
Yes, these are VERY nice seats and very sexy as well but man are they expensive.

Jason

do you have them installed? i like them because they are more of a race shell- their weight is low, heard comfort is very high...quality is high, and it says cobra on it so its ment for our cars ;):beer:

JSkwarek

BUY, MOD, SELL, REPEAT!
Established Member
No, I sat in them at the local Goodguys car show, they are very comfortable and top notch quality I just couldn't convince myself to spend that much money on a set of seats. Went with Corbeau seats. Finally got the time to get them installed today actually. These are all leather Corbeau VX2000 seats. Total weight of each seat including brackets was 46 pounds. Stock driver seat was 67 pounds and stock passenger seat was 40 pounds.

I can supply higher resolution shots if anybody would like them.

Jason

C1.jpg

C2.jpg

C3.jpg

C4.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread