Corbeau CR-1 Shaved base?

Mad_Marc

Procharged!
Established Member
No idea, give them a call...

I have been considering these seats as well. I noticed that the ford racing recaros don't fit the 2013-2014 because ford changed the plugs under the seats.. I wonder if there will be any issues with installing a set of these.. I have seen write ups on how to terminate side air bags and get the air bag light off using correct resisters, however these write ups are for 11-12 I might be ordering some soon and If I do I'll let you know how it goes but as far as shaving, it's the first I've heard of it. None of the other sites seem to offer it, so you can call or if not I will call and share feedback

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
No idea, give them a call...

I have been considering these seats as well. I noticed that the ford racing recaros don't fit the 2013-2014 because ford changed the plugs under the seats.. I wonder if there will be any issues with installing a set of these.. I have seen write ups on how to terminate side air bags and get the air bag light off using correct resisters, however these write ups are for 11-12 I might be ordering some soon and If I do I'll let you know how it goes but as far as shaving, it's the first I've heard of it. None of the other sites seem to offer it, so you can call or if not I will call and share feedback

Make sure to double check with your insurance company...I've heard some companies will use the "disable" on the airbag system as an excuse not to cover your car if you were to get in an accident since you tampered with the safety system. I've heard others don't care depending on what brand seats you put in your car.

Not sure how true any of that is as I haven't gotten around to seats yet so I haven't asked my insurance company at all about it. With the way things are today wouldn't surprise me.

As for OP, I don't think those seats go up and down like the stock seat eh? So I guess shaving it might make it sit closer to the lowest setting the stock seats have? If that is the case I know I'd prefer that.

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
Make sure to double check with your insurance company...I've heard some companies will use the "disable" on the airbag system as an excuse not to cover your car if you were to get in an accident since you tampered with the safety system. I've heard others don't care depending on what brand seats you put in your car.

Not sure how true any of that is as I haven't gotten around to seats yet so I haven't asked my insurance company at all about it. With the way things are today wouldn't surprise me.

As for OP, I don't think those seats go up and down like the stock seat eh? So I guess shaving it might make it sit closer to the lowest setting the stock seats have? If that is the case I know I'd prefer that.

They would have to cover property damage. Personal liability of you and your occupants could be questionable.

Users who are viewing this thread