tommylightning

No status!!
Established Member
mvc-473s.jpg
mvc-475s.jpg
mvc-477s.jpg
mvc-480s.jpg
mvc-469s.jpg

It's got 17" wheels and a 235 HP 4.6L V-8. Only 1000 Blackhawk Crown were made. It is the Pre-Marauder. Right down to the center shifter.
mvc-460s.jpg
;) :)

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
Blackhawk

Awsome. I didn't think they were out yet. How much, if you don't mind me asking?:)

hillie16

Stand Silent in Flames
Established Member
Being a Ford fan, I hate to say it, but Chevy NEVER should have quit making the 9C1 Caprice. Man those cars KICKED ASS!!!! We have one left in our department:( :( It's up to 90,000 miles, and the only reason it's not higher than that is most guys will only take it to run traffic because we all want to keep it as long as we can.

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Love the 9C1's ............................. :) mine has 98,000 miles *sniff hope she dont die........:D nothing like 147 top end....

Who really needs to go 174............... LOL Plus they ride a whole hell of a lot better than a camaro.......... But then there is the chick magnet thing.......

CraneClan

Injun along at 140
Established Member
Originally posted by 1998WS6FBTA
awseome looking car, still lacking the damn horsepower we need though!
There's always Paxton Novis.:D
It'd be perfect with an extra 150hp.

LogiWorld123

Established Member
235 HP??

Drop the damn cobra engine in there already

werent the 67 stangs 427 cobra POLICE INTERCEPTORS?

imagine a 320 hp crown vicky. id drive one. the weight transfer would be nothing less than perfect.

@1998WS6FBTA

ordered 100 more? thats ludicrous. 100 @ what price could they get.. SS is 33k add 7k for police stuff...40k? 100 x 40,000

4 million for damn cars? i know cops need these somewhat, but SS'es? just get watered down vettes...a 2 door coupe cant possibly feel as nice as big ol crown vicky on your patrols.. your SHP is a bunch of dorks. Oklahoma HP has 1 camaro, and it sees limited use cuz the damn thing breaks down (my friends dad drives it sometimes, says lil things go out like the lights and the ABS and other various systems... AC just went out) parts ought to be real slim in bout 2 years.

on a lighter note....Bring it up in the meeting that youd all rather have lightnings for the lake patrol/park rangers. lol.

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
what ss???

I think 174 is steep for an SS. I have never seen one out run a corvette. The Zo6 can't even do that with 385hp and it has less coef. drag. I don't buy it. Chevy's just don't have it. We have local cruisers that have 200 thousand miles and have been driven in the harsh northern maine winters by 6 different guys and they are still going. Those chevy's that states have are driven mostly by one person and at around 90 thousand they are finished. That is highway miles also. JUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Re: what ss???

Originally posted by kcobra
I think 174 is steep for an SS. I have never seen one out run a corvette. The Zo6 can't even do that with 385hp and it has less coef. drag. I don't buy it. Chevy's just don't have it. We have local cruisers that have 200 thousand miles and have been driven in the harsh northern maine winters by 6 different guys and they are still going. Those chevy's that states have are driven mostly by one person and at around 90 thousand they are finished. That is highway miles also. JUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmmmmmmmmm I beg to differ bout the 90k and dead theory......... just highway raced a 305 powered camaro into the ground with a 98k 9c1............ had her up to 134 mph.......... camaro was way way toasted into the ground.....................:D

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Matt,

all i know is that they do have a 155 mph speedo.......... but that dont mean jack....sorry not really too much of a chevy guy just like the big cars...............

-zach

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Re: Re: what ss???

Originally posted by sohowcome

Hmmmmmmmmmm I beg to differ bout the 90k and dead theory......... just highway raced a 305 powered camaro into the ground with a 98k 9c1............ had her up to 134 mph.......... camaro was way way toasted into the ground.....................:D

Ooops read that wrong guess we argued the same point sorry............ cruissers are way better, yes..............

LogiWorld123

Established Member
i still dont believe an SS camaro can go faster than a zo6

maybe the smart troopers didnt calibrate their speedos

maybe they are just lying for the hell of it.

i just dont agree with 174 mph top speed.

hillie16

Stand Silent in Flames
Established Member
Originally posted by Scoriox
i still dont believe an SS camaro can go faster than a zo6

maybe the smart troopers didnt calibrate their speedos

maybe they are just lying for the hell of it.

i just dont agree with 174 mph top speed.

Remember these are police package vehicles.....not civilian issue. No top speed governers, most have shift kits, and improved performance over the standard models.

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
funny

My dads work on the vic for the last 16 years and he laughs at all those people that are like, "dude the interceptor engine is sweet". Its the same damn car pretty much. I dont think a cop camero is gonna kick that much more ass...i actually think its probably the same damn car but with less comfortable seats....

Man i am gonna get yelled at for this....

DCMustang00

Established Member
I, in no way am a cop but this is what I have heard. There was an exotic car flying down a turnpike here in Oklahoma. Not sure if you have heard of the Matt. The guy passed our camaro cop at 130+ (not sure of speed but faster than that). From what I was told, it took the camaro about 1/2 mile to catch the car. I just wanted to add this cause I thought it might help.

Users who are viewing this thread