"Cops must see it to get caught Q"

EVLSVT

Banned
Ive been hearing alot about this... and I have a few questions..

One time i was turning into the left turn lane, and was driving slowly up to the right, a lady in an orange bug (she was about 50) tried to turn left (in front of me) to get into the turn lane, and i gues she diddnt look over her shoulder and pulled out a little. I had to slowdownfast (hit my brakes, but not stop) and honk once (just a little "hey you idiot im right next to you" beep) but i was totally keeping it cool, diddnt even look over at her or anything....

So she stops turning, and i pass her and get in line to turn left. She pulls behind me, and i look in my rearview mirror, and she is literially FLIPPING THE SHIT! LOL! I was laughing SO hard, she was throwing her hands at the windshield and screaming and everything... So what i did was, looking at her in my rear view mirror, i just raised my hand (so she could see through my rear window) and gave her the finger, for about the whole duration of the light.

As soon as I did that she flipped out and it looked like she was going to explode covering the inside of her car with red a white chunks of meat, and she whipped out her cellphone, mouthing "calling the police" and started chuckling angrily... I just held the finger, turned left, and drived away.

Just wondering, if she called the cops, gave them my plate, and said that i flicked her off, what is the worst that could happen? I mean, if she did, i'd just say she shouldnt of flipped out for TURNING into me without looking etc...

Nothing ever happened, im just wondering what they would do? would they come to my house and talk to my parents or something? If they did, that would be pretty stupid because then anyone can call random people on saying random shit....

On the other hand...

What would happen, if some people are ALWAYS speeding around town, Drag Racing, all sorts of stuff, and people constantly call them in, and get like 5 calls every weekend for the same plate, but NEVER see the car.

What would they do then? Just keep a watch out for them, if they were pulled over speeding 10 over, after getting 10 calls reporting of that plate speeding, racing etc... would they get a worse punishment or anything? How does that all work...

When the cops put your plate number in, does it say the list of complaints aginst your plate, and whats been called in etc etc... Just wondering, thanks! :rockon:

Note: I do not participate in the illegal acts of speeding, dragracing, or anything illegal what so ever.

JDM EJ1 95

Established Member
haha i dont think anything can happen... you ddint really do anything.....

really you couldve been airing out your middle finger for a little bit.... or something.... shes got nothing... i bet if she called they just laughed at her... unless she just made up some bullshit like you were trying to kill her.... if that happens and the cops come or something just explain.. im sure they would do the same thing.. ahha

LT1KILLER

dirt man
Established Member
cops usually get like a hundred people a day calling them complaining about other drivers usually they don't really look into them to much unless they happen to be in the area or it is really serious.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Putting up the middle finger is an expression of your First Amendment Rights!

Yes, police get calls like this quite often. Usually it is handled with the comment "we will look in to it, thank you".

If it is a serious allegation, like DUI or reckless driving, etc, and investigation would normally start.

numbaonestunna

Established Member
haha...

FordSVTFan said:
Putting up the middle finger is an expression of your First Amendment Rights!

Yes, police get calls like this quite often. Usually it is handled with the comment "we will look in to it, thank you".

If it is a serious allegation, like DUI or reckless driving, etc, and investigation would normally start.

So I have to ask...are LEO allowed to express *their* first ammendment right in this way as well? For instance, if you catch a particularly troublesome criminal, can you give him or her the middle finger? :-D

Mr.Shortround

Established Member
For instance, if you catch a particularly troublesome criminal, can you give him or her the middle finger?

Of course they can! Their rights don't stop while working. Of course, they would probably get in a lot of trouble at their work for a lack of professionalism.

;-)

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Mr.Shortround said:
Of course they can! Their rights don't stop while working. Of course, they would probably get in a lot of trouble at their work for a lack of professionalism.

;-)

Exactly!

goldmember

Established Member
Just don't flip off leo's!!!! You can do it, but these guys need respect! I flip people off all the time, you have to be careful though, you never know who is going to shoot you these days, at least I know I can out run them!!! Which brings an off topic question to mind, can you legaly speed if running from someone who is a threat apon your life? thanks and sorry for the ot

JimBowy

306ci's
Established Member
goldmember said:
Just don't flip off leo's!!!! You can do it, but these guys need respect! I flip people off all the time, you have to be careful though, you never know who is going to shoot you these days, at least I know I can out run them!!! Which brings an off topic question to mind, can you legaly speed if running from someone who is a threat apon your life? thanks and sorry for the ot

If your seriously threatening my life I don't care if its the law or not. I'm getting the hell outta there! :pepper:

charged98cobra

Legal gru
Established Member
goldmember said:

I would speed straight over to the police station, even though you can never really legally speed...

TurdFerguson

Scumbag
Established Member
i always wondered that too if they did really call the police when i flip them off what would happen.

but yea if you speed you may get pulled by an officer who may be saving your life. i doubt someone will try to kill you if you are pulled over by a cop. you may get a ticket but you live.

Lawman85

Banned
Mr.Shortround said:

;-)

We have first amendment rights? I wish I could run my mouth at people like they do at me. I would find myself working the desk for the next 18 years of my career.

03cobraFL

Established Member
goldmember said:

I would like to give the FHP a little token of my appreciation when they are pointing their Laser/Radar at me on the highway. :nono:

Users who are viewing this thread