Cops- If you could have any gun as your trunk/rack gun what i would it be?

Spoyldrotn

SVT Poster
Established Member
We're lucky. We carry three long guns in our patrol vehicles at all times. Remington 11-87 12 gauge w/ 00 buck, Ruger 9mm Carbine rifles (we carry Ruger P-89s (sidearm) on duty so mags are interchangeable), and M-4s. We're pretty much prepared for any type of situation that may arise. Qualifying with all these weapons is an all day affair though, but well worth it.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Spoyldrotn said:
We're lucky. We carry three long guns in our patrol vehicles at all times. Remington 11-87 12 gauge w/ 00 buck, Ruger 9mm Carbine rifles (we carry Ruger P-89s (sidearm) on duty so mags are interchangeable), and M-4s. We're pretty much prepared for any type of situation that may arise. Qualifying with all these weapons is an all day affair though, but well worth it.

Really? What dept are you with? Or is that outfit for a special tactical team?

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
I still prefer a fully-charged Phaser rifle, or a Disrupter Cannon just in case your Phaser battery doesn't have a bunny logo on it.............

Remember, the question was, if I could have ANY gun...............

USAOwnz

I don't even know now!
Established Member
G36
M4A1 with M203 40mm grenade launcher, sound supressor, and a ACOG 4X telescopic sight.

Spoyldrotn

SVT Poster
Established Member
FordSVTFan said:
Really? What dept are you with? Or is that outfit for a special tactical team?

Haddon Heights, NJ (pop. 7,500 / 17 sworn officers)

The main reason for this comes from a shoot-out with a trans-sexual armed with an AK-47 back on 4-20-95. Two officers were killed and another severely wounded (made practically a full recovery / hit 4 times). Before then we only had shotguns......no match for a subject barricaded in a house with an AK.

We have two tactical officers; however, everyone is trained in the use of these weapons. Hopefully this will assure that we will never be out-gunned again.

Ptlm. John Norcross #1822 and Inv. John Mclaughlin (we will never forget) :(

Last edited:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Spoyldrotn said:
Haddon Heights, NJ (pop. 7,500 / 17 sworn officers)

The main reason for this comes from a shoot-out with a trans-sexual armed with an AK-47 back on 4-20-95. Two officers were killed and another severely wounded (made practically a full recovery / hit 4 times). Before then we only had shotguns......no match for a subject barricaded in a house with an AK.

We have two tactical officers; however, everyone is trained in the use of these weapons. Hopefully this will assure that we will never be out-gunned again.

Ptlm. John Norcross #1822 and Inv. John Mclaughlin (we will never forget) :(

I remember that situation! I was still living in Jersey at that time!

We will NEVER forget!

Wildpony

Established Member
I wish I could get a link to the HK Military high tech weapon. It has computerized controlled ammo (based out of a 20mm round), that can pretty much F up the bad people's day. The model is the XM29 Objective Individual COmbat Weapon
Basically you could have 5 bad guys behind a wall in a building or whatever and this round will go through the wall and then explode. It's not the same thing as a mortor round as it is considered a ammo round. They showed it a while back on Discovory Channel.

Spoyldrotn

SVT Poster
Established Member
toomanymustangs said:
Are you guys allowed to carry personal guns with you on patrol or rather just guns not issued?

In NJ you can carry personal weapons; however, you must qualify with them. Some officers carry back-up weapons (handguns). I don't know of anyone who carries their own long gun.

jshen

Established Member
I saw that as well

Wildpony said:
I wish I could get a link to the HK Military high tech weapon. It has computerized controlled ammo (based out of a 20mm round), that can pretty much F up the bad people's day. The model is the XM29 Objective Individual COmbat Weapon
Basically you could have 5 bad guys behind a wall in a building or whatever and this round will go through the wall and then explode. It's not the same thing as a mortor round as it is considered a ammo round. They showed it a while back on Discovory Channel.

That rifle was very impressive...very!

EvergreenSVT

Established Member
Spoyldrotn said:
In NJ you can carry personal weapons; however, you must qualify with them. Some officers carry back-up weapons (handguns). I don't know of anyone who carries their own long gun.

It depends on department policy. Many, many departments allow officers to carry their own longarms. As many or more forbid that.

Users who are viewing this thread