COP Conversion Codes

Helomech74

Established Member
That would be coil 1 and 2 issues. You can disconnect both connectors and check for a driver signal to the connector with the engine on (Disconnect fuel injector so it doesn't flood the cylinder you're testing). Or move the coils to a different cylinder and see if the code follows the coil. Did you just do a COP swap recently? Are you using new or used coils?

Last edited:

arayray

Established Member
I've had it for a year or so now. I started rewrapping my engine harness so I'm not sure if any wires got messed up or something.

Helomech74

Established Member
I would start by ringing the wires from the coil connector to the main plug as well as checking to see if you are getting a pulsed signal to the coil connector. If both of those check good, I would suspect the coils to have gone bad. Since you've been messing around with the wiring, it's possible that it's just a wiring issue. P0351 and P0352 correspond to the #1 and #2 coils which would be on the passenger side front to back.

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
Is the car running ?
If it is , with 2 cylinders in a row being dead, probably not well.
I personally , have never had a coil go bad (sure they do go bad ) , but it has shyly been bad boots and or corrosion on the springs .
Replacement boots and springs , are 6 bucks at Napa .
You can backprobe the connector with the engine running , to verify the drivers are functioning .
A noid light as such , but using a simple test light .
If you are getting a signal, buy the boot kits , and clean the coil , replace the springs and boots with a dab of dielectric grease on the coil end , and the plug end .
6 bucks is less than the 40 if there is nothing wrong with the coil .

arayray

Established Member
Found out it was one of the unused coil pack connectors that I cut off, even though it was unused the two wires still needed to make contact. Resoldered them and it is back to as before.

Helomech74

Established Member
Found out it was one of the unused coil pack connectors that I cut off, even though it was unused the two wires still needed to make contact. Resoldered them and it is back to as before.

Which connectors are you talking about?

arayray

Established Member
I believe it was the one circled in red, however they had nothing connected after my COP swap. Once I cut it, it started misfiring and it fixed it once they were resoldered...

Attachments

• 20110715201452_4371.jpg
    20110715201452_4371.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 44

Helomech74

Established Member
Those are RFI filters. I cut mine out of the harness and never had an issue, wonder why yours acted up like that. At least you figured it out.

Users who are viewing this thread