Cooloing Mod Kit

blownstang01

Established Member
Cooling Mod Kit

Well long story short, I was not happy with the offerings out there for the 4V cooling mod. I feel they are over priced and use too much rubber hose at the back of the engine that's impossible to get at. So, I built this set-up while I have the engine out. Another reason is that I am setting the engine back 1" for better weight distribution and the one I made snugs up real close to the heads. I fabbed it out of 3/4 16 gauge steel tube, and best of all the only rubber hose is the connections.

Last edited:

Sanchez

Don't Panic
Established Member
blownstang01 said:
Well long story short, I was not happy with the offerings out there for the 4V cooling mod. I feel they are over priced and use too much rubber hose at the back of the engine that's impossible to get at. So, I built this set-up while I have the engine out. Another reason is that I am setting the engine back 1" for better weight distribution.

Your driver's side fitting looks like it's going to be in the way of the EGR tube. Here's a shot of the installed LDC mod. The driver's side fitting is tilted over clockwise to avoid the EGR tube.

LDC%20Cooling%20Mod.jpg

blownstang01

Established Member
Sanchez said:
Your driver's side fitting looks like it's going to be in the way of the EGR tube. Here's a shot of the installed LDC mod. The driver's side fitting is tilted over clockwise to avoid the EGR tube.

Oh Yeah, I don't run an EGR. This was actually fabbed up with the intake and everything in place.
Thanks

blownstang01

Established Member
blk96SVT said:
Did you consider the LDC cooling mod!?!?

Yes, I did consider it (still overpriced IMO). Also like I said lots of hose in an unaccesible place. It's real hard to tell in the picture but the Apten and LDC kit stick out about 1.5"-2.0" from the back of the head, mine is only 3/4".
I'm sure there are many opinions as to which is best, this is just how I did it.

Last edited:

blownstang01

Established Member

Another thing about this picture. look at the hose where the arrow is pointing, the way it's bent there creates a weak spot. I know that is good hose and probably would never break, but every time I have seen a heater hose fail it's at a bend just like that. Once again just my "opinion" ;-)

sunburst six

Established Member
You wouldn't have the part number for that extra coolant outlet would you? My engine will be out here soon, so I might as well fab something up myself.

blownstang01

Established Member
sunburst six said:
You wouldn't have the part number for that extra coolant outlet would you? My engine will be out here soon, so I might as well fab something up myself.

I'll get it for you, by the way you can rotate it pretty much anyway you want, just drill the mounting hole for where you put it.

Users who are viewing this thread