Coolingmist Trunk Mounted Methanol Kit for sale

Grimster

Established Member
Up for sale is my CoolingMist Trunk Mounted methanol kit. I have two different controllers for this, one is a variable controller (stage 2) and the other is a boost activated switch (stage 1).

The variable controller can be used for either an NA car or a boosted car. For NA it has a vacuum port where you can control the amount of water/meth based on the amount of vacuum. For boosted cars it can be wired up to read the MAF voltage for activation. This gives you the flexibility to control how much meth is injected at certain voltages or pressures depending on how you hook it up.

The boost activated switch is what I was using on the car. It is currently set to activate at 5 psi. Basically once you hit 5 psi of boost pressure the switch activates and turns the pump on 100%. Once you dip below 5 psi it turns the pump off. I was running around 13-14psi of boost, so with my setup once I hit 5 psi it would activate and essentially stay pumping until I released the throttle and the boost pressure goes below 5 psi. Worked great for me and seemed to work real well with the Eaton supercharger (essentially instant boost off and on)

Included with this kit is all of the wiring, tubing, meth injection nozzle, tank (1.5 gallon) and pump (150psi). Also included are the variable controller and the boost switch. I will even include the plastic section of my JLT RAI intake tube where I had the nozzle mounted in, so if you have the JLT RAI (03-04 cobra) then you will truly be able to "plug and play" this system.

A couple of clarification items :

The tank is 1.5 gallons and is to be mounted in the trunk. I mixed my own meth/water using particular windshield washing liquid and bottle of HEET (always check the MSDS for % of methanol and water and make sure those are the only ingredients!...well, minus the blue dye.) If I can sell it to someone local and they want to come pick it up, I will give you a couple gallons of already pre-mixed "meth juice" so you will be good to go for several months to come. I mixed it up to be about 45% meth and 55% water. I won't ship the pre-mixed stuff.

A full 1.5 gallons usually lasted me several months (2-3+) depending on how I drove. This last tank lasted around 4 and it was only about half full when I uninstalled it. I just mess around on the street to and from the office, never really raced with it. Mounting it in the trunk was very easy and very secure. I never had any issues with leaking or anything. I ran the tubing up the passenger side and through the antennae spot through the firewall. For power I ran a simple power wire to the fuse panel on the driver side and used an "add-a-fuse" thing (which I will include).

Super easy install, and it works well.

Main reason for the kit was to offset the crappy 91 octane fuel around here (especially the 91 octane with "up to 10% ethanol"). As far as a horsepower increase, I didn't see any, but saw some cooling effect. I dyno'ed at 434/450 to the wheels without methanol and cooled off....and then dyno'ed a few months later completely heat soaked WITH methanol and put down 434/451. Intake/Exhaust/Pulley/Tune and stock h-pipe for those numbers.

Here are a couple of links from the manufacturer going into detail on how the kit works and installation instructions.

Shows the 1.5 gallon reservoir - http://www.coolingmist.com/instructions/250PSIStandardTM.pdf

shows the variable controller - http://www.coolingmist.com/instructions/Varicoolstage2Instructions.pdf

Asking $220 shipped since you getting the kit plus the added boost switch and the piece of intake.

1af7bced.jpg

8206b4c2.jpg

1fc3daf7.jpg

196c8221.jpg

837af37c.jpg

dd8392d5.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread