Cooling System upgrade for 03/04 cobra's

Fastford

Established Member
APTEN performance has developed a fix for the cooling issue that has plagued cyl. # 7 and 8. I am not sure if people have noticed but 7&8 run 20 or so degs hotter then any other cyl's. The fix is now available. Look at WWW.apten-us.com for details. Tested system today and head temps are much more even.

Wilson & Co

SnakeJockeyExtraordinaire
Established Member
Yeah we saw the page.. Can you please give examples of real time #'s.

ie Cyl 1-6 were between 2xx deg and 2xx degrees before mod and after mod they were all within 2xx deg.

As well as providing how and what was used to monitor temps.

Thanks

Fastford

Established Member
The blower was treated like it was due to agreements with MM&FF and 5.0 mag. What good would it do to write an artical about a product that everyone new about and had pictures of. thats all its no rocket science. Just something that we tested and worked on and wanted to wait for the magazine articals to come out. Its no secret hell APTEN ships 3-4 a day now. I will try to get more accurate info when the EGT's are installed, but for now I know it works because it alway has worked on every car I do it to.

I am not going to be a millionair because of a cooling fix for the 03 just trying to help eveyone out.

SolidSnake

Unleashing Hell
Established Member
Why try to cause mass hysteria in the Cobra world without FACTUAL data supporting this claim?

I don't think that's right at all.

DimMaK

Banned
Originally posted by SolidSnake
Why try to cause mass hysteria in the Cobra world without FACTUAL data supporting this claim?

I don't think that's right at all.

Posting here now? Tired of caressing hammers pp over on modularfords.com? Lots of fellacio going on over on that message board. Gargle, gargle, swallow, gulp.

APTEN

Apten Performance
Established Member
you know what amazes me? first you guys want EGT data from all 8 cylinders with factual data, then you want to know how to do it for free. Do you have any idea the costs involved in testing?

I agree, the release is just a little premature because there isn't actual temp data yet. But ask anyone who builds or tunes forced induction 4V motors if there is a cooling problem in the back of the drivers side. This is not an incredible break thru, just a good solution to an old problem.

Robertson Racin

All American Muscle
Established Member
Brian you are right. Everyone will want to do the mod(if its needed). And these post are a little premature...

Keep up the good work.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
first you guys want EGT data from all 8 cylinders with factual data, then you want to know how to do it for free.

Well, think about it, 'most' of us still have brand new cars with warranties, so yes, if we need to 'fix' something in our new motor that requires the trans to be dropped ect. . we will want it to be done under warranty, there is nothing wrong with that. And I think the reason people are asking for EGT data is because we just want to know all of the true facts first.

SolidSnake

Unleashing Hell
Established Member
I am not dissing anyone, especially Apten themselves. It would be nice to have data. Like the data that says the Apten blower works for instance. Which it has been PROVEN to do.

Now you DimMaK, who the hell are you coming on here and talking this bull$hit?

Look at the post counts, I have been here LONG before you son.

HAMMER is a friend, a pioneer, and a good guy in general.

Do me a favor, and shut up while ya have the chance.

APTEN

Apten Performance
Established Member
If you are making 500RWHP, how much of a warranty do you really have?

This is going to take some time to show results. Just like we had to do like 10 ported supercharger dynos before anyone believed us, I think this will take even longer. Where it's going to be obvious is the guys making the highest power.

Brian

DimMaK

Banned
I am not dissing anyone, especially Apten themselves. It would be nice to have data. Like the data that says the Apten blower works for instance. Which it has been PROVEN to do.

Now you DimMaK, who the hell are you coming on here and talking this bull$hit?

Look at the post counts, I have been here LONG before you son.

HAMMER is a friend, a pioneer, and a good guy in general.

Do me a favor, and shut up while ya have the chance.

OK fruitty! Keep slurping.

SolidSnake

Unleashing Hell
Established Member
Originally posted by DimMaK
Posting here now? Tired of caressing hammers pp over on modularfords.com? Lots of fellacio going on over on that message board. Gargle, gargle, swallow, gulp.

Don't do it to yourself, man.

Not like you deserve an explanation, but HAMMER is a friend, a pioneer and a very helpful guy in general. You would probably find that out, but you have your head up your a$$.

Peace.

SolidSnake

Unleashing Hell
Established Member
Originally posted by DimMaK
OK fruitty! Keep slurping.

Martial artist huh? Aren't we all kung-fu masters on the keyboard??

Keep proving my point ya hump.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
brian - that is true. Thats why I said 'most' people. I am just letting you know why some people want to know what the fix is, but they don't want to pay a lot to do it.

For the most part, when someone buys a new car, and then they hear of something that might be a 'problem', they usually aren't happy if they have to pay for the fix you know? But like it was mentioned before, thats why some people want to see some actual numbers so they can decide if this should really be considered a problem.

APTEN

Apten Performance
Established Member
my last reply here before we move the discussion to the other thread. That will prevent repeat answers and questions. Plus this thread has some negative posts that are distracting the tech discussion.

It's not going to be a modification for everyone. I wouldn't touch it on a stock 03 cobra running 20 degrees of timing with 9lb of boost. It isn't even a necessity for guys with the standard 450RWHP combo. But it's not a bad idea for those guys, and will decrease risks of detonation. Some of you 03 owners are spoiled, making 450+ RWHP on a production car does have it's risks, and no one knows if this head problem is going to be an issue for long term durability on the bolt-on cars.

Now for KB/Turbo/centrical guys I would put it on the list of important stuff, just like a real fuel system and MAF that doesn't peg.

Asking to show things like increased motor life and durability can't be done, so all we will be able to do is make edcuated speculation based on the numbers and results we get from testing.

Brian

Last edited:

DimMaK

Banned
Martial artist huh? Aren't we all kung-fu masters on the keyboard??

Keep proving my point ya hump.

haha Funny you would use the word hump. You proved my point.

Users who are viewing this thread