cooling question?

SVTshelby

Established Member
my car is an '09 and has a jlt intake, 2.6 upper (w/ one step colder plugs) and supporting box tune. my question is, how can i keep it cooler? the car obviously is making alot of heat which we all know is no good. will putting in a 180' thermostat make the car run cooler? it seems like an awesome deal, Evolution has one for 35 bucks and claims it will lower car temps by 35 degrees. this seems too good to be true. is this worth it? is it hard to install? any other suggestions would also be appreciated! thanks for the help

white_gt500

Established Member
Heat exchanger is a major plus for the car, i got a AFCO from lethal i belive bolted up, no major issues installing

Bad500Chris

Ace
Established Member
I would recommend the heat exchanger over the other cooling mods.

I'm sure Van will chime in here soon. Grab one from him and call it a day. You won't need much else.:banana:

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
I did the Heat Exchanger and Radiator.....(Van)

What a difference they both made! Some say just do the H/E but if you have the coin...the Radiator will drop the head temps at least 30/40+degrees

AlanSVT

Established Member
LOL I did everything......

Ravans Racing HE, Rad...Thanks VAN

170' Thermostat

and added "The Tank" for more fluid.

jcthorne

Established Member
Do not buy the 180 stat from Evo. Its the wrong stat for this car and will actually cause the car to OVERHEAT at the track or other high stress heat load.

Get the correct 170 stat made for the GT500. Its a different dimension and bypass port depth.

Revan HE with fans, thermostat, radiator in that order to improve performance under load.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Do not buy the 180 stat from Evo. Its the wrong stat for this car and will actually cause the car to OVERHEAT at the track or other high stress heat load.

Get the correct 170 stat made for the GT500. Its a different dimension and bypass port depth.

Revan HE with fans, thermostat, radiator in that order to improve performance under load.

+1. Get the T-stat from Lethal. It's more expensive but it is the correct one.

shadyninja

Been There, Wrecked That
Established Member
There are about 3-4 different types of coolant additives that can be added we use them in out race car it dropped our temps about 20 degrees

Last edited:

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Are you guys running straight water? Those types of temp drops are rarely seen with the normal 50/50 mix when using Water Wetter/Purple Ice/etc. Believe those companies state themselves about 5 degrees for 50/50 and 20+ for straight water.

Last edited:

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
I'm running the revan h/e unit and the 170* t-stat and it really helped... Font forget MHR's the tank to hold some extra fluid, and make ur engine bay look damn good

Users who are viewing this thread