Cooling problems

beck_cody

Established Member
I had a place called Speedy's Dyno in Owensborrow, Kentucky work on my 03 Cobra. I put some after market shit on it. Pulley kits, stage 4 stiegmier port job on the eaton SC, headers and X pipe, SCT X-Cal, a duel flow pass heat exchanger, plugs, ect. I can't drive it over 15 minitues because the super charger gets hot and starts blowing hot air into my engine. It makes my car miss like crazy. Then my service engine light comes on. I check it out with the SCT X-Cal and it tells me my air intake temp is too hot, an over boost condition, and something else with hot air temps. The last time I drove it, the heat exchanger cracked, (the one under the super charger), and I started getting white smoke out of my exhaust. Haven't drove it since. Could the hot temps the SC is creating, could of cracked the intercooler heat exchanger??? Any advice??? Thanks much!

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Sounds like ya did a little damage...take it back to the shop and get it fixed, jmo...start from there, if ya trust them...Sounds like your intercooler cracker or you blew a head gasket...

Last edited:

mach1033

Established Member
Did you notice if the IC coolant was pumping? It seems like it wasn't burped right and air in the system which equals to very high IAT2's . White smoke is usually a blown head gasket. Did you check the dipstick for foaming?

Users who are viewing this thread