Cooling problem

drage77

Hey guys and gals! I Have an issue with my o3' termi and hope someone can help. I was driving my car the other day and i noticed that the car sputtered at around 2.500 rpms and noticed in a matter of 3 min the temp gauge went into the hot zone. I turned on the Heater and it was blowing the outside temp. I burped the system and then noticed that the thermostat housing had one side hot "passenger side" and the other side was wasnt no where near hot and the rad. tank was cool but the main house up top was hot.....So i replaced the thermostat and it seemed to be ok with the hoses running warm except the heater core hoses. one was hot the other was cold "driverside". ..... then i noticed... both main hoses to the thermostat housing was cold and still isnt blowing hot air but every so often youll get a short min of warm air then goes away.... So now i am so lost!!!! can someone plese help.

My buddy ran a sct scan tool and from what i rem it was P0234, P0214 and P0217. does anyone know what those mean? the car has 25,000 miles on it and the floor doenst apear to be wet.

Dave

ripnesscobra

Established Member
To me it sounds like your first problem was that the thermostat failed and got stuck closed causing you to overheat. Then when you replaced the thermostat you may have gotten a significant amount of air in the system, which may be causing the current symptoms you describe. I would start with burping the car thoroughly filling from the cross over tube (funnel method) with the front end jacked up in the air. There are a ton of threads on here which detail the process.

drage77

OBD-II Check Engine Light Trouble Codes

Get your stuff looked at before you drive it again. Did you happen to do something to the car recently?

P0214 Cold Start Injector 2 Malfunction
P0217 Engine Overtemp Condition
P0234 Engine Overboost Condition

no my cobra is pretty stock the only things that ive done to it is CAI, bassani offroad x , and magnaflow cat back... i dont know if the code was a P0214 or 213 and the other one was maybe a 243 or 234. he said he knew the one was an emmisions control code... i dunno though.

drage77

To me it sounds like your first problem was that the thermostat failed and got stuck closed causing you to overheat. Then when you replaced the thermostat you may have gotten a significant amount of air in the system, which may be causing the current symptoms you describe. I would start with burping the car thoroughly filling from the cross over tube (funnel method) with the front end jacked up in the air. There are a ton of threads on here which detail the process.

Ya my other buddy whos also on here helped me out with burping it maybe it just wasnt as hight enough on the driver side i guess i dunno

MinGry03

SVT Guy
Established Member
Your car was plenty high enough when we were filling it on Friday. :beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread