"COOLING MODS" (what to do)

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
BlackenedSVT said:
Are these 2 SEPERATELY DO-ABLE mods? Or do they have to be done "in-conjunction" with one another? That top one for $650+ is a bit out of my wallet range at the moment :nonono:

But the evenflow mod looks interesting. can I do that alone? Or does it basically have to be done with the top link together?

You can do any of them individually if you like. The Even Flow mod which is the least expensive is probably the most important as it's going to save the motor from burning up 7 & 8. Then the Heat Exchanger is a great piece to keep intake temps down a bit and help reduce heat soak from driving the car hard.

Hope that helps. Jared

HASFANGS

Established Member
Keeping it cool is good insurance.
It may have been overkill but my first mods were:

LFP larger Radiator
LFP larger Intercooler Heat Exchanger
LDC head cooling modification
Drilled (3) 1/8" holes in stock thermastat

With these mods increasing my cooling capacity I felt more comfortable installing smaller S/C pulley.

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
when you say "track car" what do you mean by that? a drag car isnt going to get very warm in the few seconds it runs full throttle, and after its done, it sits in the paddock for an hour and a half.

drive the car for a while and figure out if its getting warm or not. keep in mind the car is designed to run between 180 and 210. 210 is nowhere close to overheating.

let the car tell you what it needs.

BlackenedSVT

The Clown has it out 4 me
Established Member
ShelbyGuy said:
when you say "track car" what do you mean by that? a drag car isnt going to get very warm in the few seconds it runs full throttle, and after its done, it sits in the paddock for an hour and a half.

drive the car for a while and figure out if its getting warm or not. keep in mind the car is designed to run between 180 and 210. 210 is nowhere close to overheating.

let the car tell you what it needs.

Well I have been known to hot-lap it a bit at the track with my 02 GT :burnout:
Guess i'll have to cut back on this with the Cobra :coolman:

Users who are viewing this thread