cooling mod question

SinCitySVT

Established Member
I am installing a clutch this weekend. I was just wondering if the cooling mod deal is necessary if I have a 2004. any input would be appreciated. Thanks!
-Dave

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
SinCitySVT said:
...I was just wondering if the cooling mod deal is necessary if I have a 2004.
The year doesn't matter. Any '03-'04 will benefit from the cooling mod. '04s are no more/less prone to having cooling related cylinder head issues.

Predator03

Banned
When you do the cooling mod.
I suggest chunking the plastic "T" you get and purchase an aluminum(metal) one.
It will crack with intense heat and pressure through time.
If you don't think I'm right....you roll the dice and take the chances.
The OEM Ford part(don't remember name) that installs after you pop out the freeze plug.......when you install it, it has one hole to securely screw in the part in place.
When you look at the lip that slides under the bracket against the head( I think it holds a wiring harness or something) you'll see you can move to fit another hole where you can screw it down. Just drill another guiding hole threw the OEM Ford part, lip, so that you can have it screwed in on both the left and right side. It will secure it down better and prevent any possible mishaps or rattling in the future.

It's hard to explain, sorry. But print this out and in the process you'll see what I mean.

The cooling mod does work.
I do notice that when my pluggs are f^cked the 7th and 8th piston plugs are always better looking than the rest.

Last edited:

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Predator03 said:
When you do the cooling mod.
I suggest chunking the plastic "T" you get and purchase an aluminum(metal) one.
It will crack with intense heat and pressure through time.
If you don't think I'm right....you roll the dice and take the chances.
The OEM Ford part(don't remember name) that installs after you pop out the freeze plug.......when you install it, it has one hole to securely screw in the part in place.
When you look at the lip that slides under the bracket against the head( I think it holds a wiring harness or something) you'll see you can move to fit another hole where you can screw it down. Just drill another guiding hole threw the OEM Ford part, lip, so that you can have it screwed in on both the left and right side. It will secure it down better and prevent any possible mishaps or rattling in the future.

It's hard to explain, sorry. But print this out and in the process you'll see what I mean.

The cooling mod does work.
I do notice that when my pluggs are f^cked the 7th and 8th piston plugs are always better looking than the rest.

The guys are talking about the LDC Chicago cooling mod. Our "T" is TIG welded metal and part of the passenger head fitting.

I just added Postban's directions to my bookmarks. Very informative and useful info. BTW, there is a bolt you can remove just under the freezeplug that helps avoid the downpour of antifreeze. :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

Predator03

Banned
DAMN!!!!!!!!
I wish you were around when I did my cooling mod.
That looks much better than the MD MotorSport(Apten) one.

I will definately recommend this product.
I had to piece and fabricate mine.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Where can we get the LDC cooling mod> I'm going to be doing a clutch soon and might as well get this out of the way as well.

SinCitySVT

Established Member
Thanks again for all the replies guys. I was reading the posts on the LDC Chicago mod and that is the one I am going to go with. Are the ford parts still out of stock though? If they are then I will just wait to do this. I am doing my clutch this weekend, but have another weekend free in a month or so to drop the transmission again to do this.

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
I'm sorry to say that we are still waiting for fittings from Ford. It's sort of a back handed compliment because we have sold so many kits that we ran Ford out of fittings but I really want to get the fittings and start building kits again. The last word I have has the fittings hopefully coming in a week or two. As soon as we get the fittings, we will start building kits and I will post letting you guys know that the kits are available again.

Edit- Here's our original thread with ordering info... http://67.15.62.79/forums/showthread.php?t=165799&highlight=ldc+chicago+cooling+mod

Last edited:

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
So um as I don't see this addressed. I know it for the 03-04 cobras but would it work on a 99 cobra?

I'm really anal about overheating and I live in Florida and I beat on my car and......lets just say I'm anal about overheating.

Thanks,

Matt

dun4791

Established Member
VirtualSVT said:
So um as I don't see this addressed. I know it for the 03-04 cobras but would it work on a 99 cobra?

I'm really anal about overheating and I live in Florida and I beat on my car and......lets just say I'm anal about overheating.

Thanks,

Matt

Matt
The LDC kit was designed for the 03/04 SC engines. I have not personally done an install on a 99/01 N/A engine, but i would be willing to do any modifications to the existing kit at no charge to you if you encountered any problems with the install..........................Lyle

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
I can't imagine it being any different. I will do some research and then I will contact you. I am very interested and will be in contact.

Thanks for your offer Lyle.

Matt

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
dun4791 said:
Matt
The LDC kit was designed for the 03/04 SC engines. I have not personally done an install on a 99/01 N/A engine, but i would be willing to do any modifications to the existing kit at no charge to you if you encountered any problems with the install..........................Lyle

Thanks Lyle,
Now you'll have me bending pipes that look like pretzels.
And just after I got the new bender dialed in.

J/K
We will be glad to accommodate you if we possibly can.

Dana

Users who are viewing this thread