Cooling Issues, HELP!

chipmonk

Established Member
so i go to get tuned on e85 for the first time. i have a whipple 2.3 with a 2.5 upper and stock lower. At this point there are no issues with the cooling system. My upper pulley explodes on the dyno and blows a hole in my radiator. i leave the car there over night to get a radiator put in. when i get the car back i am now tuned on my 2.75 upper and stock lower(2.5=21-22psi, 2.75=17-18psi). it is having problems spitting coolant out of the reservoir. i have burped the system and replaced the cap. There may still be air in it but he should have burped the system pretty good when he replaced the radiator. i am no on a 2.75 upper and a 6lb lower making 24psi. my tuner says my heads are lifting off under boost but it just seems like too big of a coincidence with it starting to spit coolant right after i get a radiator put in. What do you guys think?

Oh so your tuner is openly admitting that his tune is causing your motor to detonate and lift the heads...

He may not have properly burped it.

chipmonk

Established Member
it may still have air in it but i have burped it a couple times and it still puts out air when burping it.

chipmonk

Established Member
im gunna replace my coolant expansion tank and my cap to see if that helps. my tuner said he got the radiator from ford but it was a little bit thinner from the one he pulled out. could the radiator be the problem?

Users who are viewing this thread