cooling hose kit

Babbit

Established Member
Does anyone know why the FRPP High-Temp Hose Kite for 86-93 won't fit the 94-95?

Also, I have a significant coolant leak coming from the thermostat housing. I replaced the gasket and that fixed it for a day. But now its leaking severely again. Any ideas why?

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
The top mounted housings have always been a real mess to work with ... just no way to remove it without making a green mess!

I'm assuming that the housing isn't cracked ...

I'd suggest cleaning both flanges (engine mounting surface, and the surface of the housing) real good, and if there are any gouges or grooves in the surfaces, use some emery cloth to smooth them out. If you don't have a good surface, the gasket will not do it's job all that well. Use a high temp sealant, sparingly and evenly, on both surfaces. Use a new gasket, and torque the attaching bolts evenly. Give the sealant time to set up, unless the directions don't require that. I know, it's hard to wait for something to dry ... be it paint, or anything else. But, it's a lot better than having to clean up another mess. While you're waiting, you can be cleaning up the mess from the job, connect the hose (a little sealant wouldn't hurt) and make sure the clamp is torqued sufficiently, and fill the radiator back up. After it's dry you can start it, and finish filling up the radiator, hose, and overflow tank.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread