cooling blankets for blowers?

screaminsnake01

LS1poo
Established Member
I have did a search but cant come up with nothing. I am looking for a cooling blanket for my blower (ported eaton) help me out guys thanks

Greg

supercobra506

NINJA
Established Member
i like that idea, now the real question would be how cost effective is it compared to water/meth or n2o. by the way nice color. :beer:

Last edited:

JSpeed

Degenerate Speeder
Established Member
Honestly that sounds really dumb. Just because a product is available does not meat its effective or a good idea. The heat from the supercharger is not what heats the air charge. It gets hot from the physics of compressing a gas.

A ice water tank for the charge cooler would be MUCH, MUCH, more effective at increasing your power levels.

Cooling the supercharger is pointless becuae it picks up massive amounts of heat from the engine block its bolted to anyway.. not to mention the chance of you damaging it if you get the casing cold enough (and it shrinks) while the rotors are still hot and expanded..bearing seize anyone?.. not smart.

A phenolic spacer between the blower casing and the lower manifold would help lower blower temperatures a little bit...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread