Coolest Detailing Thread Ever - Shelby Mustang

UFGatorGuy20

UFGatorGuy20
Established Member
Yikes. 70 man hours. Assume $60/hr. That's $4200 alone. + Materials (no idea... guessing $500 in consumables?). I'd say that cost the car owner at least $5,000.

Ugh... fantastic job. I really haven't seen a better job done. I love to see stuff like that. If the owner had the money congrats. But, I'll stick to my 12-16 hour home detail job that costs <$100 and still makes me smile.

CLN 6R

Established Member
Looks pretty awesome. The paint on my old black GT was about 85% that, but the rest of the car wasn't quite that.

Very impressive work.

Seraphus

I R ANDROID LEG!
Established Member
Yikes. 70 man hours. Assume $60/hr. That's $4200 alone. + Materials (no idea... guessing $500 in consumables?). I'd say that cost the car owner at least $5,000.

Ugh... fantastic job. I really haven't seen a better job done. I love to see stuff like that. If the owner had the money congrats. But, I'll stick to my 12-16 hour home detail job that costs <$100 and still makes me smile.

Wow, add another grand or so and you can completely repaint the car . . . inside and out.

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
Points deducted for the GT500 license plate frame...but overall the detail work is A+!

Black cars...love em or hate em...they are a PITA to keep from scratching.

dom418

Established Member
Amazing work but judging by how the owner keeps the car, it won't be long before the paint looks like crap again.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Wow, add another grand or so and you can completely repaint the car . . . inside and out.

lol still wont come close to the finish like they achieved, and not in 3 days time either.......

i doubt they charged full price for that detail, knowing that by doing a awesome documentary like that, they can use that to drive in more business. So what, you lose a little profit on one job, but you make up for it by bringing in more business since you can show your before/after work. Ive done freebies just to test what could be done, how far a paint could go before it was un-salvageable.

mustanginky

Established Member
wow that's crazy. sad thing is, a vehicle in that sorta shape with a lazy owner will likely go back to that condition, if that's who caused that damage to begin with. pretty cool though.

Users who are viewing this thread