Coolant Tanks

GoGreen04

Established Member
Who's got the best option for coolant expansion tanks? I plan to run the Harpell AutoFab one in the future when he offers custom size fittings. I need standard fitting for engine coolant tank and 1" for intercooler tank. I've seen one that people have that looks like a long rectangle, very interested in one that but no idea who offers it.

Albatross

Established Member
I have been waiting on the Harpell tanks as well. I was pretty bummed when I saw his post on Facebook today stating the 1" hose version will not be available yet.

I think the tank you are referring to is a Lance Flathers tank. I just bought a used one to run until the other Harpell tanks come through. I plan to weld some 1" fittings on it because it does not have them currently. I'm not sure if that's an option when ordering new. I can post photos if you want to see it.

DCguy

Established Member
I have been waiting on the Harpell tanks as well. I was pretty bummed when I saw his post on Facebook today stating the 1" hose version will not be available yet.

I think the tank you are referring to is a Lance Flathers tank. I just bought a used one to run until the other Harpell tanks come through. I plan to weld some 1" fittings on it because it does not have them currently. I'm not sure if that's an option when ordering new. I can post photos if you want to see it.

I have the Lance Flathers as well...Its a smaller unit dimensionally but does the job....Lance will build it any way you want....single tank, combo tank, any sized barbs or AN connections whatever. I think his tanks are around $600 these days but come in bare aluminum because his powedercoater split. So you will need to PC it yourself. Great tanks....I had mine built to factory specs so it accepts all the factory sized 3/4 hoses and OEM caps. Plug n'play.

The Harpell tank is a work of art. Its a little bit larger physically over the Flathers tank so the additional capacity is nice. I think his first batch is only like 8 units so you might be waiting a while to get one. Also, they are double the price of a Flathers tank at $1200. Thats a lot of coin for an expansion tank....worth it no doubt, but for me personally, is slightly more than i'm willing to drop on tanks.

Chrome98Cobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Lance Flathers tank here.. I’m curious about the Harpell tank, anyone have a pic?
D48B9011-9307-4FF4-9B98-AF47E26D335A.png

OSU34

Established Member
I have this tank I’d sell for cheap. 1 inch bung for intercooler return fluid, regular 3/4 for feed. Lance flathers made it custom for my set up

Users who are viewing this thread