coolant tank in trunk

chromeyellow98

Established Member
what size pump (gpm) would be needed to put the coolant tank in the trunk on a vortech aftercooler setup. thanks

tistan

Established Member
Chromeyellow, what size tank are you going to use, and where are you getting it? I am about to do the same thing as you. I have a shurflo RV pump I think it flows around 4 gallons per minute. I will just use that pump when I move everything to the trunk.

Krwy

Established Member
You can use the stock the Bosch pump. The pump would need to be mounted back at the tank though. That way the pump will 'push' the water through the system rather then having to pull it.

chromeyellow98

Established Member
i have the stock vortech coolant tank,
so the 5gpm pump will push but not pull this amount of water as long as it is mounted at the tank.....i ma thinking about going w/ a rule pump it is half the price of bosch and has a 3 yr warranty.

chromeyellow98

Established Member
thaited: aftercooler is alot easier install for me and i got a good price on it, i alsodont have to worry about losing boost.

THAITED

Established Member
Yes, I helped my friend installed his Vortech SQ, and after cooler. What sucks was we have to move the battery to the trunk (extra work). To the OP, he will have to install the tank in the trunk (extra work also). Don't mind me, I'm just lazy.

Last edited:

tistan

Established Member
My battery would be in the trunk weather it was an aftercooler or a frontmount intercooler.

chromeyellow98

Established Member
yea i got the battery in the trunk now...slowly coming together but im not sure if i want to run the lines the length of the car.

Users who are viewing this thread