Coolant Spraying from the Supercharger Reservoir

Status
Not open for further replies.

04_Yellow_Cobra

Established Member
2004 Cobra w/ CAI, 2.80 pulley, and diablosport handheld tune, 13-15 PSI

Runs great but when I get above 10 PSI and stay in it for a few seconds coolant sprays out of the reservoir cap out of the heat extractor on the hood. Ive made sue that the pump is circulating like it should. Ive talked to several people and no one has experienced this issue, at least not that ive found. Couldit be my cap is not holding its seal? Or could i have a bigger issue? Ive been told it could be a crack in my intercooler but I dont know and I dont want to just start throwing money/parts at it. Any help is appreciated.

DrakeSnake

Semper Fi
Established Member
Could be a blown head gasket. This happened to me. My car was fine till I got on the boost come to find out the it was pushing air into the coolant system. I had no coolant in the oil. I found it when I pulled my plugs I had coolant all over the #7 coil. Hope this helps. These cars blow head gaskets and not every symptom for it is the same. Thought he was talking about the coolant res my bad

Sent from my LG-P870 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
a blown head gasket can pressurize the coolant tank but to the best of my knowledge cannot pressure the intercooler circuit.

If you are SURE the fluid came from the intercooler tank Id keep a good eye on the intercooler pump, they can work intermittently (bumps can make them start/stop), after that Id suspect the cap

SVTmojo

Track Junkie!
Established Member
I would check the intercooler reservoir for a crack at the base of the neck where the cap screws on. Small crack there on my brother in laws 03 caused the exact same symptoms that you described.

04_Yellow_Cobra

Established Member
Im 100% that its the Intercooler reservoir. Ive checked the pump a few times and its been working each time ive looked but i will keep checking it.

I ordered a new aluminum reservoir with the fuel cell style cap. When it comes in I will install then post my results.

Is there any special fluid that I need to use or is it just antifreeze?

Appreciate all the help

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
Bad cap? A friend of mine bought a Terminator and I noticed that it had spewed coolant out of the Intercooler Reservoir. He bought a new Ford cap and has had zero issues since.

04_Yellow_Cobra

Established Member

highcompression

...who ?
Established Member
Either the resivoir, cap, intercooler (brick), or the o-rings that are on the tubes to the brick have bit the dust. A head gasket WOULD NOT make it spew coolant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread