coolant refill burp problem?

mr.magic

Established Member
The other day a coolant hose blew off my crossover doing a pull and now 5 days later I'm still adding fluid/water through the tube. Day 1 I filled both the expansion tank to level and then filled through crossover. Started car attached my homemade filler bottle let it come to temp and watched air come out like crazy. Once it stoped I filled the container half full shut the car off and let it drain back in. Later that day I fill the crossover a couple more times with engine off and everything seemed good, left the crossover plug off all night for any possible remaining air to escape. Next morning if have to fill the crossover again and break my homemade filler. I also ruin my crossover cap(don't ask)so I'm waiting for a new one from Tousley. In the mean time now 5 days later every morning and evening the tube is bone dry and I put in a few cups of water each time. I've never had this much trouble filling it before but I've also never blown a hose off at WOT. Surely there can't be this much air in the system right? Dip stick looks clean no water and plugs are dry. I'm wondering if somehow by leaving the cap off coolant is going else where??

04DeadShort

SVT Addict
Established Member
You didn't mention weather or not you also turned the heat on while you was warming the car up. Just a suggestion. Also, leaving the cap off will cause the water to evaporate. It won't be much but it will some. I think this is why you are supposed to put the cap back on every time you top the water off.

Users who are viewing this thread