Coolant overflow tank relocation

Dave.O

Established Member
I am looking to relocate the coolant overflow tank from directly in front of the engine to the side possibly using a battery relocation kit.

I have read a few threads discussing this but did not want to bump an old one so I'm starting a new one.

here are basic after market options I have seen: 80-200 Aluminum Coolant Expansion Fill Tank Universal 1-1/4 Qt.
On 3 Performance 4.6 2v Mustang Coolant Expansion Tank Delete Kit | On3Performance

any idea why the on3 tank would not work on 4v? I thought the expansion tanks are the same for 2v and 4v

I have seen some use expansion and catch can when replacing the stock single expansion/overflow tank. what is the benefit of this vs stock?

what is the minimum size the expansion tank needs to be for 4v?

if I don't mount higher than existing crossover tube, I would assume standard coolant burping process would be the same?

thanks

GodStang

Established Member
If you read the bottom back in 2016:

"I made a custom 4v setup on my car to make it work, I can put it together if you would like to order for your 4v. Just let me know -[email protected]"

Dave.O

Established Member
thanks for the reply

I reached out to on3, that was a prototype that never made it into production.... they are also not interested in pursuing it

Users who are viewing this thread