Coolant Leak

roberthamm

Established Member
Hi there. I have been having a slow coolant leak the drips down the back of the motor and leaves some coolant in the motor valley that is visible.

So I took the supercharger off and found coolant at the back two coolant hoses here

20130430_220005.jpg

It looks like coolant is about to come out of these holes. But I don't know what this means. Is my intercooler portion of the intake shot? Something need sealed?

kahukub

Established Member
Can you tell if its from the hose clamps or from the intercooler it's self? Also your already 3/4 away from a intercooler clean up. You should just take the intercooler out clean it and inspect it that way. Then look at the hoses they could be cracked somewhere or its just a loose clamp. I hope this somewhat helps, it's hard to determine with out physically being able to see it but its a start.

Last edited:

roberthamm

Established Member
Thanks for the feed back, I've determined it was the hose that was leaking.

The cooland even leaked down into the back left coilpack/spark plug and would explain my random missfiring/lean issues.

I have the entire upper half of the motor disassembled and being thoroughly cleaned at the moment!

Users who are viewing this thread