Coolant Issue on 97 hellion turbo

Jman20427

Die Rise
Established Member
At first look, we noticed that a hose was lose on a fitting and a clamp was dented to the point of not being able to tighten. After replacing the clamp, the car drove fine for five minutes, then started to overheat. There is no coolant in the return line...

Took of the t-stat off and put it in boling water, it opened. We loosened the hose that we found in the beginning that was loose, because we thought we may have tightned it too much, still not getting nay coolant in the return line.

I am out of ideas...anyone???

Jman20427

Die Rise
Established Member
Fixed. Im not sure what the exact problem was, it coulda been a stuck T-stat, or the gasket to the t-stat was not properly seated. But in any event, stupid me was running near 100% coolant, so when I switched to 100% water, the t-stat started to open when it was suppose to.

goat-ee

Established Member
Fixed. Im not sure what the exact problem was, it coulda been a stuck T-stat, or the gasket to the t-stat was not properly seated. But in any event, stupid me was running near 100% coolant, so when I switched to 100% water, the t-stat started to open when it was suppose to.

Had nothing to do with 100% coolant, you had an air bubble that finally burped itself out.

b dub

4.10's or 4.30's??!!
Established Member
But in any event, stupid me was running near 100% coolant, so when I switched to 100% water, the t-stat started to open when it was suppose to.
Not this.

Had nothing to do with 100% coolant, you had an air bubble that finally burped itself out.
This!

Glad you fixed it though. Nice when it's simple things.

Jman20427

Die Rise
Established Member

I know. Its just an interesting coincidence that I burped it three times with coolant and the air bubble didnt come out, but yet the first time i ran it through with water it was fine:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread